Naruto jutsu as martial adept disciplines!?

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Necromas said:
Go to the link, click edit->find, the word naruto isn't even used.
Mkay... Nifft is the author of it, and he definitively implied, that stuff there is Naruto-inspired, even if it's not called "Naruto".

See, my Naruto-fu is very weak, because I'm not a big fan of the show... but even I know, that the "Sanguine Lotus"-discipline is very Tsunade-inspired, "Jade Viper" is Orochimaru inspired, "Dancing Fox"... well, think of "Fox", "Supernatural", and "Naruto"... and yeah - they don't have the names of the show, because the stuff is "generalized" for general D&D, but you should see the idea behind it.

Just because it's not called Naruto, it doesn't mean it isn't Naruto, mkay?

So ask Nifft friendly, perhaps he'll give you some guide to convert the names... because Nifft is generally helpful, friendly, and does great stuff.

Necromas

First Post
You said it was based off naruto and had the naruto skills in it, not that it was similar enough to naruto to use, so of course I was confused when naruto was not even mentioned.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
To be fair, it's not 100% Naruto. I've put in enough stuff to build most Naruto techniques, but not all -- replacement technique isn't in there, for example, because that sort of teleportation is already covered by Shadow Hand's various Jaunt maneuvers, and those don't put a log where you were. So you'd need to change that.

Also, no techniques that require a significant expenditure of chakra, since those would be more like Psionic feats & powers -- Up the Walls covers tree walking pretty nicely, for example, and Defensive Precognition is very similar to one major benefit of the Sharingan. Alternately, some existing Shadow Hand stances could do the job -- Dance of the Spider for tree walking; a different stance for water-walking (name escapes me).

Finally, there's goodies in my thread for way more than just Naruto.

Cheers, -- N

Remove ads