• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Natural Bond [CAdv] and Alternative Animal Companions

Infiniti2000

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
(I'm trying out a cat swarm as an animal companion, with a little DM leniency ;) )
Can you tell us the guidelines you are using for that, perhaps the stats? That sounds awfully interesting and I'm sure my wife would love to give it a thought. :D

qstor

Adventurer
likuidice said:
take a single level of beastmaster to add an extra +3 to your druid level. (C-adv)

IIRC Beastmaster doesn't boost your effective druid level above your class level. So the poster would be stuck with an animal equal to a 10th level druid.

Mike

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
qstor said:
IIRC Beastmaster doesn't boost your effective druid level above your class level. So the poster would be stuck with an animal equal to a 10th level druid.

No - the example given is a Drd5/BMa2 with an effective druid level of 10 for purposes of an animal companion.

But while I'm willing to spend a feat to improve the cats, the spellcasting level (plus another feat on Skill Focus) is more than I'm prepared to give up. The animal companion isn't intended to be a primary focus for this character.

It's a great idea, though.

Infiniti - I'll let you know more as I get things ironed out.

-Hyp.

Len

Prodigal Member
A cat swarm can't take a bat swarm because cats can't fly.

What your character needs is a gnat swarm.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Len said:
A cat swarm can't take a bat swarm because cats can't fly.

What your character needs is a gnat swarm.
The cats could try to attack the bats when they come down too low, though. The annoying thing about the stupid bats is that they have a wounding attack--so things they knock out tend to die :(

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads