• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nazareth Awakened - Chapter 02: Wives of Solomon

TillForPie

First Post
Gloria undoubtedly exchanges blank looks with Agnasci, Harper, Law, and perhaps even Crow. Everyone climbs into the Tahoe in silence.

Harper's up in front with Law, while Agnasci and Chance join Gloria in the back, the vampire seated in the middle.

"Is this what I think?" Gloria is holding up one of the garlic bulbs that Chance has hanging from her. She smirks, clearly unaffected by it. "Anyway," she continues to the group, releasing Chance's vampire ward. "Clothes."

Mosier

First Post
"Pardon the caution," Agnasci says in response to Gloria's comment. "You're our first vampire."

More seriously, he adds, "Are you sure you just want us to leave you on your own in Nazareth? Why don't you stay with me and Harper, at least until sunset tomorrow? I'm sure Chance could bring you some clothes, and we can figure out a way to feed you without causing alarm or hurting anyone."

Rubberneck

First Post
Law starts the Tahoe and heads for Nazareth.

"You've been asleep a long time. Too long to really explain every important detail. I suggest finding a computer. There's this thing called the internet, it will basically answer any questions you have. Another thing is we can't have you causing chaos in our town. It's under enough scrutiny as is and I think a vampire running around killing people will raise alarms. So for this... Partnership... To work, you need to be discrete."

TillForPie

First Post
"Look, kids," Gloria begins, perhaps somewhat impatiently. "I've been at this for a while. I know what I'm doing. Drive." Chance may have wriggled free from Gloria's influence but Agnasci and Law haven't: Who are they to try to tell her how to do what must come naturally to her? For all they know she could be centuries old - showing up with crucifixes, Stars of David, and garlic must make them seem so foolish to her. Damn Chance, making the two look stupid in front of Gloria! Maybe it's not too late to salvage a potential friendship with her by doing what she says.

Mosier

First Post
Agnasci shrugs. Of course Gloria knows what she's doing. He's a little annoyed that he doesn't have an excuse to ask the others to pitch in for his rent now, but otherwise he can't come up with a reasonable argument.

"Alright," Agnasci says, his hands up in a surrendering gesture. "No need to get touchy. Like I said, you're our first vampire."

On the drive back to Nazareth, Agnasci tries to make conversation with Gloria. "What does Magellan want with you, anyway?"

TillForPie

First Post
"Your guess is as good as mine."

Magellan had said the vampire was being dug up and spirited away to prevent its destruction at the hands of a new regime - whatever that means.

Shayuri

First Post
"You mentioned a prince," Chance commented. "And you were surprised we weren't sent by him. So...from that, and what Magellen said, this is him doing you a favor, right? This prince would have been after you?"

That brings a frown to her face. "Which means, if he figures out where you are, you won't be the only vampire we have to worry about."

TillForPie

First Post
"You mentioned a prince," Chance commented. "And you were surprised we weren't sent by him. So...from that, and what Magellen said, this is him doing you a favor, right? This prince would have been after you?"

That brings a frown to her face. "Which means, if he figures out where you are, you won't be the only vampire we have to worry about."
"Prince Anton," she says with a nod. "But I don't see why he would have been after me if you hadn't dug me up. It was him who ordered me staked."

"I don't know what Magellan told you, but I was only in the ground because of a stupid misunderstanding. Vampires can be drama queens." She laughs at this. "But the Prince and I go way back. He had to do what he did, it's politics. He's a sweetheart." She'd used the same word to describe Magellan. "Worst that happens is I get dragged off to serve the rest of my sentence."

Remove ads