• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nazareth Awakened - Chapter 02: Wives of Solomon

GlassEye

Adventurer
Harper, Thyrsus mage

[section]
Harper exchanges glances with Chance then turns to look with consternation at Law. "What is wrong with you? Not that long ago you were all, 'No vampire will ever stay at my house...' " Harper trails off and continues to stare at Law with suspicion. Quickly he activates his Second Sight and examines Law. Rudeness be damned; he wants to see if Law's aura has indications of enchantment or something else unusual.

[/section]

TillForPie

First Post
As before, Harper detects nothing unusual with his mage sight. Examining Law's resonance doesn't reveal anything.

More importantly, Law doesn't feel anything unusual. From his perspective his positive opinion of Gloria is entirely his own.

[sblock=Thinking of something]Harper's Roll: Intelligence 3 = Success with 1 success
Harper thinks of something[/sblock]Harper ponders things for a few minutes while the group waits for Gloria. He can't be sure, but he suspects Law is behaving unusually. And he knows Gloria did something. He's been trying to use mage sight of the spirit arcanum - it might be that that is an arcanum unsuited for what he's trying to investigate.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Harper, Thyrsus mage

[section]
Harper releases his spell and casts the mage sight spell from the Life arcanum. He doesn't expect any different result than before with Second Sight and once he's verified it he turns to Agnasci. "I think Gloria did something. I don't know what and I can't detect anything but mind magics aren't my forte. Can you tell if Law has been tampered with? I mean, you should have heard him a couple of days ago when we found out we were going to have to dig up a vampire. And now it's all buddy-buddy."

[/section]

Mosier

First Post
Agnasci hesitates. "We would have sensed a spell," he says. "She doesn't use magic. Maybe Law just has a different opinion now that he had a chance to meet her."

He knows the argument is lame, but it feels right. Why can't Harper understand?

"Alright, fine," he says as Harper persists. "But don't you think you should trust more?" The tone of his comment deliberately recalls Harper's own comment to Agnasci, just a few days ago.

Agnasci casts two spells to examine Law - Aura Perception, and Third Eye.

TillForPie

First Post
There's nothing unusual about Law that Agnasci can detect with Aura Perception. With Third Eye, however, he can make out the lingering ripples of some sort of mental power. The inside of the Tahoe has been dusted with a glow very similar to what Agnasci sensed around Mad Dog.

Just as Agnasci starts to report his findings the left rear door opens without warning. Gloria's back. She's washed the blood from her face and changed into skinny jeans and a dark hoodie. She's something of a chameleon: The exotic, almost gypsy-esque woman from minutes ago has been replaced by someone who could probably pass for a teenager. She gestures for Agnasci to scoot over and climbs in. "OK. All set."

Shayuri

First Post
"Gloria," Chance says, "I think it's a good time to have a ground rule or two. So rule number one? We'll not cast any spells on you without your permission, but you'll have to extend us the same courtesy. Starting with whatever you did to Law and Agnasci."

Her tone is remarkably mild for the accusation. "I ain't sayin' I don't understand your position, what with not knowing who we were or why we were there, but that's past now."

Mosier

First Post
"Gloria," Chance says, "I think it's a good time to have a ground rule or two. So rule number one? We'll not cast any spells on you without your permission, but you'll have to extend us the same courtesy. Starting with whatever you did to Law and Agnasci."

Her tone is remarkably mild for the accusation. "I ain't sayin' I don't understand your position, what with not knowing who we were or why we were there, but that's past now."

Agnasci speaks up before Gloria can respond. "Let's not rush to conclusions, here. We don't know for sure that she 'did' anything to us. Yeah, Law has some kind effect on him, but how is that different from you changing someone's fate, or me casting a spell to seem more trustworthy?"

Shayuri

First Post
"...either of which is at the very least a bit rude to do to someone," Chance points out. "Sometimes a lot worse. That's kinda my point."

Remove ads