Nazareth Awakened - Chapter 02: Wives of Solomon

Rubberneck

First Post
A frown appears on Law's face and he waves her off,

"Whatever, they're probably over reacting anyways."

Law throws the Tahoe into gear and continues to Nazareth.

TillForPie

First Post
A frown appears on Law's face and he waves her off,

"Whatever, they're probably over reacting anyways."

Law throws the Tahoe into gear and continues to Nazareth.
The group is already in Nazareth. They're in the Super Value Mart parking lot, near the Gold Dragon Buffet, Nazareth Secondhand Books, and Cheney's.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Harper, Thyrsus mage

[section]
'So that's how it's gonna be,' thinks Harper. He looks back at Gloria then flicks a glance at Chance. "Let it be, Chance." It rankles to say it but he thinks if he and Chance push it then they will come out on the bottom of whatever contest of Wills they force. Hells, they already have.

[/section]

Rubberneck

First Post
The group is already in Nazareth. They're in the Super Value Mart parking lot, near the Gold Dragon Buffet, Nazareth Secondhand Books, and Cheney's.

(OOC :: My apologies I misunderstood.)

Gloria crosses her arms, somewhat petulantly, eyes directed out the window. "Just drive."

"Anywhere in particular you want to go? Or do we need to find you a place to stay?"

Last edited:

Mosier

First Post
"Harper and Gloria will stay at my place," Agnasci says. "My bike only seats two. Can you drop them off at my apartment? I'll meet you guys there."

Unless anyone objects, Agnasci gets out of the car here, to pick up his bike from the bookstore parking lot. There's not a lot of time between now and Penrose's lesson in the morning, and he's eager to get some rest before it's too late.

TillForPie

First Post
A few minutes later the Tahoe, following Agnasci's Suzuki DR650SE, pulls into the parking lot of the grimiest place in Nazareth: Champagne Lodge. Half the bulbs on the dirty sign are burnt out or missing altogether, so it reads CH M AGN ODG. Law is more than familiar with this place - the NPD are called here with some frequency. It's used by the poorest of prostitutes and drug dealers in Nazareth. Even the four lowlifes gunned down in a drug dispute over Christmas had the class to die at the Adobe Palm out on the highway.

Gloria does not look happy.

Agnasci kills the engine of his bike and heads up the stairs to the second floor where he opens the door to his room, 206. The others get out of the Tahoe and follow him inside.

Shayuri

First Post
Chance peers around as she follows Law and Gloria up to 206. She kinda feels like giving Agnasci some good-natured ribbing about his situation, and kind of feels like sympathy is more appropriate and kinda feels like he wouldn't really appreciate either, so maybe it's best just to take it in stride.

It's not like being a mage was a paying job, after all. She and Law had regular work. Looked like Agnasci might not so much.

Nope. Couldn't do it. Had to know.

"This really where you live?" she asks, "Or is it just a kind of safehouse?"

Mosier

First Post
"This really where you live?" she asks, "Or is it just a kind of safehouse?"

"I sleep here," Agnasci says. "Wouldn't call it living."

There's a hint of a grin on his lips. It's clear he's in on the joke, and isn't offended at all. "What can I say? The price was right."

He leads the others to his apartment, a small one-bedroom on the second floor. The place is cozy, bordering on cramped. There's a couch and a television that look like they were bought secondhand sometime during the Clinton administration. The kitchen counter seems to do double duty as food preparation area and table, as there's no dining table in sight. The bathroom doesn't have a tub, only a space-saving enclosed shower. The only piece of furniture in the bedroom is a bed that seems newer and nicer than the rest of the place, with drawers attached to the frame. The closet is empty, except for a single leather jacket.

Everything in the apartment is spotlessly clean and well-lit, almost to an obsessive degree, in stark contrast to the grime, graffiti, and despair outside.

The only exceptional thing about the apartment is a single piece of artwork hanging on the wall of the bedroom. It's a print, not an original piece, although Agnasci has obviously taken care to display it as if it were a national treasure. The picture is abstract, harsh geometrical overlapping shapes, with shades of red and yellow seeming to dominate around and through a central set of flesh-colored shapes. The arrangement seems to conjure the image of something escaping, enveloping, and eventually overcoming.

The title of the piece, clearly displayed in the frame, is "The Devil, Triumphant". No artist is credited.

Remove ads