[NBA] - (S)Entry

mudbunny

Community Supporter
Rudek pulls out his laptop, opens up his banking software and prepares a transfer for $250,000

"So, shall I make the transfer and allow you gentlemen and ladies to get to work?"

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
"Claro que sí. We identify the weak points in his commute, snatch the laptop, foil pursuit, and it's an easy afternoon's work." She looks suspiciously at Rudek. "Not to complain about money, but you're paying half a million Euros for what appears to be a fairly simple operation. Where is the…" She pauses. "¿Como se dice? The latch?"

mudbunny

Community Supporter
"Catch my dear. The term is catch. But, essentially yes."

Rudek pauses for a moment.

"Your employers believe in looking at the long-term plan. If you pay people $1000, you get effort worth $1000 which often results in many more thousands being spent after the fact. They would much rather overpay for a simple job done well than underpay for a difficult job done poorly."

Kaodi

Hero
Mace nods at Ashcan and adds with a small sigh, "Ain't that the truth." But underneath the surface he is seething. It was because of people like Ashcan that things always turned out that way. How differently might the IRA bust had gone if not for that...

"In any case, I would rather take him unawares in his own quarters, swipe the laptop and his clothes, and walk out of there like I belong," he adds to Gabriella. "But we can talk about those sort of details on the commute."

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Gabriella fixes Mace with a knowing stare. "You steal a lot of things in peoples' quarters. I'm sure you'll be very good at it." She turns to their employer. "I'm in. Mace is excellent at this sort of job."

mudbunny

Community Supporter
OOC: @Piratecat is off-line until monday, so unless anyone has any strenuous objections, I will put it on hold until then. The next big post from me will come sometime over the weekend.

mudbunny

Community Supporter
OOC: So, due to me losing track of time binging on Dr Who via Netflix (cried like a baby when The Dr and Rose said goodbye), the post is going up now instead of last night.

Rudek, after seeing everyone agree to take the job, quickly obtains electronic banking information from all of the agents and transfers the 50,000 euros into each bank account. Closing the laptop, Rudek stands up and looks at the team. "You know how to contact me should you need any other equipment. Simple stuff I can arrange for delivery in an hour or so. More complicated stuff may take a day or two. Remember that General Lennart leaves in 7 days. How you go about preventing the information from leaving the country is up to you, but our employers would greatly prefer it be done in a manner so as to bring a minimum of suspicion by NATO on the General."

With that, he leaves the room.

A quick scan of the

OOC: If we were doing this face to face, we could talk it out, but over a message board, that would really drag things out. So I am going to try it this way. Let me know if you like it or not:

Potential Spends
Bank account information from which money came from (2 point criminology or 1 point accounting)
Anyone with military experience would know that somewhere in NATOs computer system will be a virtual tome on Lennart and his history. (This will require either passing some challenges (using digital intrusion, 1/2 a day) to obtain the information undetected; some spends of of bureaucracy (1 point spend, 1/2 a day) or network(minimum 1 point spend on a network contact); or a combination of Military science and some old-fashioned googling (no spend required, just 2 days worth of time))

Other potential leads that might be of interest:
Anton Dedopovic
Rendezvous site (with Dedopovic)

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
OOC: While others handle information-gathering and research, Ashcan would like to get to Sarajevo ASAP - firstly, to get a feel for the rhythms of the city and the lay of the land, and secondly to drive a couple of the routes east towards the Serbian border in preparation for the exfiltration.

Do we want to move our entire operation to Sarajevo to implement the preparation phases, or do we want to do as much preparation as we can in Dubrovnik before we cross into Bosnia? We have two Cherokees, so it's easy enough to split into two teams for this phase if that suits best.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
OOC: I think that we want to do as much as possible from our ultimate destination. Plans have a nasty way of skittering out from underneath us, and actually being on site will help forestall making plans that prove to be outdated or useless.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
OOC: I think that we want to do as much as possible from our ultimate destination. Plans have a nasty way of skittering out from underneath us, and actually being on site will help forestall making plans that prove to be outdated or useless.

OOC: So that's a vote for "Head for Sarajevo immediately and set up a safehouse"? Works for me - any other opinions?

Remove ads