• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NC Game Day - Important new info!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Jeph said:
::jealous::

Goddam half-day... At least running Feng Shui will totally rock. :D

--Jeff

Didja convince your folks to let you come to the dinner? I'll be seeing everybody there in about an hour and a half.

TogaMario

First Post
Making my final preps (selling my art online so I can finance this weekend excursion) and then I'm off around 6:15 to head that way, Rel. I'm starving!

Corlon

First Post
All Is Lost!

ugh, I had to cancel with the grim game because of seeing the capital steps, but now raven's game is canceled :eek:

I saw rel's schedule thing, but it's confusing me :p. So, what RPGs are open for the morning slot???!!?!

Jeph

Explorer
Rel said:
Didja convince your folks to let you come to the dinner? I'll be seeing everybody there in about an hour and a half.

Unfortunately not. They saddled us with an ungodly amount of homework. It's like they're trying to make up for 4 missed school days all in one night...

Bleargh. :(
--Jeff

Andy Kitkowski

First Post
Hey all- I got a little sick this week (working too much, plus the weather), still, though, I'm gonna stick my head in for at least a little while, if nothing else than to finally meet the elusive Jeph.

I'll probably bring a game or two, like Sorcerer or Buffy, in case people are around loitering that could use a good roundin' up to play something.

See you all tomorrow!

-Andy

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Wow. I had such a great time today. As I rode home from Rock-Ola, I had (and this should come as absolutely no surprise to anybody who knows me) Jimmy Buffett in the CD player. Two songs played that jumped out at me:

"I'm Growing Older But Not Up" - I'm always amazed and gratified at what a fantastic sense of imagination that all the folks at the Game Day have. They think of things that are inspired and wonderful and fun and exciting. The story of every game is cooler than the one before. These are people who have not lost touch with their inner child.

And...

"We Are The People Our Parents Warned Us About" - I'll let this mostly speak for itself. These people are, by and large, criminal geniuses. No plan is too devious, no plot too sinister, no darkness too vile, no bastard too rat-bastardly. I'm glad you people are my friends because I could NOT survive long with you as my enemies.

I had a complete blast and I want to thank everybody who participated. I especially want to thank Neal Haggard who was a tremendous pleasure to work with and who, unlike me, did not get to do any actual gaming today. There is no way in hell that I'd help organize this thing if I wasn't getting to play. Neal is a guy who is very dedicated to helping other people have fun. That's pretty special and it deserves mention.

Also a special thanks to NCSU Code Monkey who helped us with our venue again and for being just the coolest, most genuine guy you'd ever want to meet. Also to Henry because he is a great GM (whose talents I finally got to sample this time) and the sort of person who you could just listen to and talk to for hours because he has a lot of interesting things to say. Plus, he's a mod and I always like to suck up to the mods. ;)

And thanks to the folks who played in my game today. It was the first time I ran (or even played) d20 Modern ever and I had a fantastic time. You guys made it easy for me and I loved the way you tackled the adventure. You are all welcome at my gaming table any day of the week (except for tomorrow 'cause of the Superbowl and everything).

So anyway, I'm tired and I need to spend some time with my wife and child but I wanted to offer thanks again to everybody who was a part of NC Game Day III. Thanks especially to those who drove in from far flung parts of the state and other states entirely. Drive home safely and please come back next time if you can.

I'll post pictures and some memorable quotes later.

Oh, and GO PANTHERS!! :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads