NC Game Day XI: September 23! (Player Registration Now Open)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Kunimatyu said:
Yes, I'm on there, with the same username as here.

I'm slightly embarassed to admit this but it's been so long since I have had to deal with signing up to be a GM (and approving myself ;)) that I don't recall where the button is. I know it works because Nakia has been signed up at the site for some time but just submitted to be a GM in the last day or so.

Regardless, I just went into the Admin User panel and set your status to that of a GM. So you're good to go for submitting your game.

The_Universe

First Post
nakia said:
Oh, I'd like a spot in the pirates game, Rel!

And I am thinking about running a game this year. Would anyone be interested in a WW2 commando Sgt. Rock type game using Grim Tales (and maybe Mythic Heroes)? Lot's of Nazi bashing fun!
This sounds awesome - but gads, are there any spots left at this point?

Darth K'Trava

First Post
The_Universe said:

It'd be surprising if there were..... alot of people (myself included) yelled "DIBS!!" when the games were first posted.... But then, I'm not sure how much postin' I'm gonna do from Dragoncon...... especially having to PAY for 'net access......

Torm

Explorer
Alenda said:
Absolutely! If you run in the afternoon, I'll definitely play. Dibs on Kaylee!!
I'm not sure he actually means to use the show characters, so much as set it in that universe. (Hopefully he will clarify?) But if he DOES intend to use those characters, I reckon I'll go ahead and call dibs on Malcolm, if'n it seems he'd allow it. :D And Oncarou (sir not appearing on this board but who goes to the same Game Days I do) would find himself quite partial to Jayne in a purely and violently platonic fashion.

Also, Kunimatyu - you said True20 system. Is that the same as the Serentity RPG book, or is this a homebrew sort of thing? (Either is cool, just curious.)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Torm said:
I'm not sure he actually means to use the show characters, so much as set it in that universe. (Hopefully he will clarify?) But if he DOES intend to use those characters, I reckon I'll go ahead and call dibs on Malcolm, if'n it seems he'd allow it. :D And Oncarou (sir not appearing on this board but who goes to the same Game Days I do) would find himself quite partial to Jayne in a purely and violently platonic fashion.

Also, Kunimatyu - you said True20 system. Is that the same as the Serentity RPG book, or is this a homebrew sort of thing? (Either is cool, just curious.)

True 20 is not the same as the Serenity system. True 20 is the same system used in Blue Rose and is a slimmed down version of d20 that requires ONLY...a d20.

nakia

First Post
The_Universe said:

The folks that have expressed interest:
Old One
Henry
Cthulhu's Librarian
Darth K.
Belen (maybe)

I'm planning on six PC's, so we've still got some room.

Kunimatyu

First Post
Torm said:

I'm open to what people want on this one. I was originally planning on non-show characters, but since it's a one-shot, people might find it easier to get into the show characters than completely new people. If we do show characters, though, Wash, River, and (unless you beg) Book will be NPCified, for reasons of my own.

What do you guys want?

Henry

Autoexreginated
Torm said:

Torm, to supplement what Rel said -- True20 is similar to Mutants and Masterminds, but with a few basic classes and levels. I'll fill you in more when we get a chance.

This also reminds me -- I need to come up with a game to run, myself -- there's only a limited pool of games announced so far, and only ONE (Alenda's) That's been posted. Ladies and Gents, we need to start adding these games to the ncgameday.dhorizon.org website! :)

Oh, and Torm, you were planning to run that... um... unusual M&M Superheroes game... :]

For myself, I'm thinking of running a few things:

1. Another "Arkham Squad" Grim Tales game
2. An Old School AD&D game (maybe not Frost Giant Jarl, but something smaller)!
3. An adventure set in the world of EQUILIBRIUM, using the Spycraft rules... :)

Any preferences on those three ideas?

P.S. Whatever game I run, it will be opposite whatever time slot Nakia signs up for, because I'm kickin' some German ass for certain. :) So if Nakia is morning, I will be afternoon, and vice versa.

Last edited:

Henry

Autoexreginated
Kunimatyu said:
If we do show characters, though, Wash, River, and (unless you beg) Book will be NPCified, for reasons of my own.

What do you guys want?

I don't think I'll sign up, but you GOTTA offer 'em Shepherd Book if you do this. Somebody will have a LOAD of fun playing him... :)

Lola

First Post
A song about Elan? A bad song? Someone is calling my name! :D

Rel, did you fill up the playtest of your PotC game? I might be able to make it if there's still a spot.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases