NC Game Day XV - January 26

Gerzel

First Post
Hey I'm still looking for a ride to/from the cookout friday. I'm near NCSU campus, on Gorman St, between Western and Avant Ferry.

I'm willing to pay for gas.

RChandler

First Post
I'm bringing three gently used copies of Dread to the con. Anyone who wants a copy can have one (first come first served, at the event), but there's a stipulation -- all I ask is that you write a review for the game at RPG.net. As an independent publisher, this is really the only kind of marketing that I can afford for my humble game. If'n you're interested, let me know!

-- Rafael

Gerzel

First Post
Note for the nice people who said they would gimme a ride from my apartment in the morning.

I've set my alarm clock for 8:15, and if you pm me or respond to this thread I'll pm you with my cell phone number.

Or you can use my aim.

Jon Potter

First Post
Thanks to Dave and Henry for running some great games. And thanks to the folks 'round the table who made it fun.

Dave's introduction (for me anyway) to the new Star Wars system worked out quite well, and I wouldn't mind trying it again in the future. And since the door was left open for a continued adventure or two, I hope that happens at a future game day.

Henry's Grimm Tales game was just as much fun as I'd hoped, striking just the right balance between traditional Cthulhu investigation and exploding car, grenade-throwing action that made for a gruesome and memorible game. I'd play another of his Arham Tales in a heartbeat.

Thanks again, everyone. It was fun, as always.

Pepster

First Post
Thanks to Rel, Henry, Darth K'Trave, Sekeetta, and Templetroll for a hilarious Low Life adventure! Also thanks to Rel for his great Sky Galleons of Mars game.

A fun day, well spent.

Pepster

Templetroll

Explorer
Yup, it was another well-organized game day. Thanks, Rel and whomever it is that gets us the rooms!

Sekeetta and I had a blast trying new games again and both Pepster and Henry were great GMs. Grimm Tales and Savage World/Low Life both were easy to pick up and very enjoyable.

It was fun meeting more 'names from the boards'. :)

Henry

Autoexreginated
I had a blast. The game with Pepster's Savage Worlds was a blast -- a good group and a good GM always makes the difference. I must've told Rel's "fear my nuts!" battlecry story about a half-dozen times. :) (he was referring to lug nuts; get your mind out of the gutter. ;))

I had a great group with the Grim Tales game; in the end, the cannibal pygmies were dead, the sacrifices were freed, and the front of the bank was on fire. It was a good day.

My other two travel buddies (members of my game group) also had a great time with Toras' Feng Shui game and Rel's Sky Galleons game.

And capping the days off with a lot of enjoyable company and great conversation was awesome. That's just as much reason why I go to these things as is the gaming.

Remove ads