NC Game Day XV - January 26

Jon Potter

First Post
Henry said:
In the same vein, what would more people want to see? I have three ideas running around...

1) Grim Tales System: "Arkham Squad: Try the Chicken"

2) Mutants and Masterminds System: "Mutants and Gamma-Minds: Gamma World"

3) Savage Worlds: "Treasure of the Land Time Forgot"

I really enjoyed the last Arkham Tales jaunt! But I also love two-fisted pulpy action...

Honestly, Henry, I don't think you could go wrong with any of those.

Jon Potter

First Post
Pepster said:
Here are some Savage Worlds scenarios I am considering for NC GameDay:

2) RunePunk: The heroes are asked to locate a friend (love interest?) in the district of GreyMesa. RunePunk is a megacity ripped from time and space and features races such as rat-men, ghostlike humans, half-demons and steampunk cyborgs. Think Shadowrun meets Elric.

This sounds intriguing to me...

Belen

Adventurer
Shades of the Sith

Jon Potter said:

Belen said:
I have one slot open, Jon. You know you want it!

Shades of the Sith

It has been a sixty years since the Jedi Civil War. Revan and the Jedi Exile, Merin never returned from their journey into the Unknown Regions. The Jedi Master Atton lies on his deathbed within the remains of the Jedi Academy on Dantooine and he calls out to the galaxy for help. The call is only heard by a select few.

On Dantooine, Atton relates his vision, "A time will come when the light of civilization will be threatened by the darkness beyond, a time when the Jedi have been corrupted utterly by the Dark Side. You must find find Revan and Merin in the Unknown Regions and prepare a candle to be lit in the darkness to come. The Ebon Hawk is yours. TM-34 will take you to a place where you may begin your journey."

Soon after, Atton Rand, Jedi Master, becomes one with the force.

Pepster

First Post
Henry said:
While I've never played Godlike, Feng Shui is always a crowd-pleaser. :) You may well have more takers for it.

In the same vein, what would more people want to see? I have three ideas running around...

1) Grim Tales System: "Arkham Squad: Try the Chicken"
--Team members have been dispatched to the Sacramento CA area to handle an outbreak of cannibalism and possible Paranatural corruption of humanity. Will they be the saviors -- or just savory? 6th level, 20 system base, Pre-gens provided.

2) Mutants and Masterminds System: "Mutants and Gamma-Minds: Gamma World"
--An idea I've had before is taking the Four-color basis of M&M and recreating The Wild and Wahoo of Gamma World in its system! Your village is dying, and needs a new food source badly! Can you brave the great FoodBank of the Ancients and bring back salvation? PL 7 characters, pre-gens provided.

3) Savage Worlds: "Treasure of the Land Time Forgot"
--Using the Savage World rules, you play a two-fisted hero of pulp yarns, struggling to find your way home after a science experiment gone terribly wrong! But can you take the opportunity to do some good for the beaten and downtrodden, and maybe bring home the gold, too? Seasoned Characters, pre-gens provided.

The rules for each of these are either familiar to most people, or are easily taught in a half-hour or less. Anyone have an interest in any one of these?

I actually have interest in all of these. Savage Worlds is my system of choice, but Grim Tales meets my d20 Modern needs and I'm always drawn to post-apocalyptic scenarios as well. All of these sound good!

Pepster

First Post
Jon Potter said:

I think I will run Low Life Saturday morning, but also bring the stuff for RunePunk in case we have a GM shortage for Saturday afternoon.

Pepster

Henry

Autoexreginated
Pepster said:
I think I will run Low Life Saturday morning, but also bring the stuff for RunePunk in case we have a GM shortage for Saturday afternoon.

Pepster

I'm definitely interested in the Savage Worlds action, and morning slot works for me. :D

I will be running the Arkham Squad/Grim Tales game, and I'm slotted for Saturday Afternoon when it gets approved.

Jon Potter

First Post
Henry said:
I will be running the Arkham Squad/Grim Tales game, and I'm slotted for Saturday Afternoon when it gets approved.

And I will be sitting at your table, rolling horror checks! Hopefully. If I can actually remember to sign up when the time comes.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Henry said:
I'm definitely interested in the Savage Worlds action, and morning slot works for me. :D

I'll get you up and approved this afternoon when I get back from my errands. I'll also finally put up MY game. :eek:

Bretbo

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Due to the holiday-money-crunch, Kennon and I won't be able to make the January gameday. :( You'll be seeing us in April, though!

I'm hoping to make the April event as well (January is out, unfortunately). And as a sort of preview I'm looking to run a Hollow Earth Expedition game titled "Reign of the Radar Men." For those in the know, I ran this at the last DC Gameday.

Templetroll

Explorer
Pepster said:

Pepster

Sekeetta and I are interested in this. If there is a sentient snack cake she'd like that. I'm definitely looking forward to what else might be available.

Henry said:

We're also interested in this one. Sounds like horror would be to our taste for the afternoon. :p

Last edited:

Remove ads