• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nearly laid low by a goblin...

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
BlackMoria said:
Heh. At least you weren't a 13th level Barbarian who died facedown in a bowl of oatmeal (he suffocated in the oatmeal)

"Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary."

-Hyp.

Nerfwright

Explorer
Goblins appear to be my 4th level TWF Ranger's dis-favored enemy. :\

He has yet to hack his way past the first goblin he's engaged during any of our party's three encounters with the buggers thus far, and he went into negative hit points twice.

I'll note that it did not increase the embarrassment for me that one Goblin that whacked me was female. If anyone were inclined to whine about it, the women in my party would likely be tempted let them bleed to death... :]

Bucky

Zapak Vim

First Post
shilsen said:
Though gnomes are what really, really terrify them.

Indeed. I once had a gnome NPC that somehow convinced an 8th level rogue with 18 Dex to walk straight into a pit trap. She fell in, rolling two 1s in a row on her dex check, and ended up trapped at the bottom of a 10 foot pit with a broken ankle. The oh so incredible super rogue was forced to beg the gnome to let her out.

Wik

First Post
StreamOfTheSky said:
Fair enough. I've just seen too many people who DO think they have the right to push around the "lesser" races.

Meh, house Medani is full of cowards and liars anyway. Tell the story, lie about it, either way, it'll most likely improve your station.

--My only Eberron experience was playing a char who's whole life had been destroyed by the actions of a Medani noble, left to flee, town to town, to avoid a bounty on his head. The Medani-hate hate has surprisingly long-lasting taste :)

You and me could get along. I hold grudges like no other.

---Wik "I hate those damned townspeople, and I'll KILL THEM ALL!" Wikkerson.

Nightchilde-2

First Post
Cadfan said:
See, I love enemies with class levels. It keeps everyone on their toes. None of this, "its just a goblin!" stuff. You can't do that anymore than you can say, "Its just a human!"

Amen to that.

I remember fondly one of my early 3e games,the 3rd level party happened upon a single goblin. The PCs actually all said, almost in unison "Only one goblin?'

Yes. With barbarian class levels. It was nearly a TPK.

Deng

First Post
Our DM has a particular like of Kobolds with levels in Rogue and Sorcerer. When we hear 10 to 20 little voices casting True Strike and we can't see them, our characters tremble in fear (whatever level we are) as we are sure that next round we are going to be hit by a lot of crossbow bolts, possibly with sneak attack. Ouch :confused: :(

moritheil

First Post
As Rich Burlew once put it - "I see a kobold and say, okay, how much do you want to bet he has levels in sorcerer?"

Everyone likes to make fun of kobolds and goblins, but they can be properly built just as with any other race.

Remove ads