• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Necromancer/JudgesGuild Wish List

kobold

First Post
I understand, and am excited that, the first few revised Judges Guild products will have to be the big ticket items like the city states, but there are a few from golden years I'd like to see.
Were they great? I don't know I havent owned a copy since the mid 80's, but boy back then the rocked my world.
Tegal Manor and Inferno
Inferno was great for a guy who had just read Dante's Inferno and I waited for ever for the follow up.
I'm pretty excited about Necromancer picking up this line I think there the perfect company for the job

Artoomis

First Post
Good luck.

Judges Guild seesm to be dead again.

So far only Dark Tower has been re-published for d20, and that had a number of conversion errors.

A couple that come to mind:

Many references ot "turns" - as in 10-minute 2e turns.

All the poisons that do hit point damage only (well, I think so, anyway - I could have missed one in my initial reading).

On top of that, no other product has come forward for many, many months. I'm now assuming nothing else will get published.

JoeGKushner

First Post
There were a lot of books that would make excellent crunchy bits nowadays if certain things are SRD. Deities & Demigods would allow for The Forgotten Gods. The various books on magical items would be great too. Maybe collect the ones already out there.

My personal favs though are the Portal of series. Three books that were interlinked and could be used with any campaign. Great stuff.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
I've heard nothing but good about City State of the Invincible Overlord, and whould likely buy it if it garnered good reviews.

If they would re-publish the hex-mapped deck plans from Wave Riders and Sea Steeds in a size that would fit minis rather than wargaming counters I would pick that up as well.

Orcus

First Post
You might be interested in this:

Press Release: Necromancer Games to Publish Judges Guild Products

July 26, 2002, Las Vegas, NV: Beginning in January 2003, Necromancer Games will begin distributing Judges Guild products. Necromancer Games will be updating a number of products—including the City State and the entire Wilderlands campaign setting—and those products that are not updated will be made available for download in PDF format from a Judges Guild web site to be hosted by Necromancer Games.

“We are really excited to be bringing back Judges Guild for d20/3E!” said Clark Peterson, President of Necromancer Games. “We have always styled ourselves as a modern day Judges Guild and now with our partnership with them we have truly achieved our goal!” Bob Bledsaw, owner of Judges Guild, recently terminated his relationship with QLI/RPGRealms effective December 31, 2002, allowing Judges Guild to reach an agreement with Necromancer Games. “I am thrilled to be working with the Necromancer guys. We share a common vision of what a campaign world should be,” said Bledsaw. “Necromancer Games is a perfect fit for Judges Guild and the Wilderlands campaign.” Hunter Gordon of QLI/RPGRealms, busy with their upcoming d20 Traveller project is “happy to pass the torch to Necromancer Games. We love Judges Guild and think Necromancer will do a great job.”

Necromancer Games will begin in January of 2003 with a Wilderlands Gazetteer, similar to the Scarred Lands or Greyhawk Gazetteers. Planned as a 48 page introduction to the Wilderlands, the Gazetteer will introduce new players and reacquaint old fans with the Wilderlands and City State setting. It will provide an overview color fold out map showing the larger features of the world. It will provide historical and game details unique to the Wilderlands as well as a short summary of the City State of the Invincible Overlord—the main setting location—and the wilderness area around the City State, allowing players to begin a Wilderlands campaign right away.

In April 2003, Necromancer Games will release the Wilderlands of High Fantasy Boxed Set, which details the entire Wilderlands Campaign in extraordinary detail. The boxed set contains 18 full sized maps (matching the original set) as well as two soft cover books: the first a Campaign Book, providing details on how to run a campaign in the Wilderlands, more extended background material, prestige classes, new monsters and items; and the second a Map Book detailing all of the contents of the 18 Wilderlands maps in expanded and updated format. “The Wilderlands was the first campaign setting created for Dungeons and Dragons, predating even the published Greyhawk setting by several years,” Peterson explained. “And now it is back for d20!” The product is scheduled to be $39.95.

In Spring 2003, Necromancer Games will release the City State of the Invincible Overlord Boxed Set. This set will include all the original maps, plus a much expanded and updated softcover book detailing the denizens of the City State, its locations, adventure ideas and NPCs. The set will also incorporate material from the classic Judges Guild product Wraith Overlord, which details the sewers and dungeons beneath the famed City State, as well as material from Pegasus magazines. The product is scheduled to be $34.95.

Necromancer Games will follow up those releases with yet another boxed set: The City State of the World Emperor Boxed Set. This set details Veiridistan, the city of spices and home of the Green Emperor and his vast legions. It includes detailed maps and an expansive book describing the denizens of the most powerful city in the Wilderlands.

Necromancer Games is also set to republish all the original Wilderlands expansion books (Mines of Custalcon, Spies of Light Elf, etc) in one product, called the Wilderlands Expansions. In addition, Necromancer Games plans to publish the other Wilderlands cities and city states—Valon, Tarantis, Modron, and the never-before-published City of Mages.

Additionally, Necromancer Games will publish a select few modules from Judges Guild’s vast library of content, including Caverns of Thracia, Treasure Vaults of Lindoran, and all the Treasure Maps modules.

Necromancer Games will host a Judges Guild web site, complete with message boards and live online roleplaying. Finally, any Judges Guild products that Necromancer Games does not intend to update to Third Edition will be released in electronic format (PDF) from the Judges Guild website.

Ulrick

First Post
*Wipes drool from mouth.*

Orcus, will Necromancer Games come out with the Judges Guild module based on Dante's Inferno?

Edit:I am a fan of Dante and I heard that the Judges Guild produced a module about the Inferno way back in the day.
I'd just like to see it for myself (and purchase it of course).

Ulrick

Last edited:

kobold

First Post
My recollection of Inferno is that it was incomplete- that it only included the outer rings of hell. And that there was to be a follow up that continued the adventure in the next few rings.
I flipped the few old Judges Guild books I still have -tattered and stained- and once again marveled at the wonder of Judges Guild.
Someone commented that the Dark Tower 3e revisio0n that came out a year ago was full of mistakes- so what. There was not an original Judges Guild module or book that I remember or can currently get my hands on that wasn't loaded typos, misinterpretations of the rules and so on. The point is that they, like Arduin, got my mind racing with crazed fantasy nonsense and added immensely to our gaming enjoyment, there are few products that still do that. Most are overly detailed and sanitized leaving nothing to the DM. Judges Guild and Arduin reveled in the dark side of fantasy long before it was in vogue, and filled their products with vague ideas for the DM to hang his hat on. To recap the statement in my original post were they really all that good in comparison ton the ultra slick well plotted adventures and products of today? No not really but the did what products today usually fail to do- give the DM and players think and be creative and adventuresome in unusuallways.

Orcus

First Post
We dont have plans to redo Inferno at this time. As previously mentioned, the original Inferno we based on Dante, but it only detailed 4 of the rings of Hell. We will, most likely, make the product available as a PDF download for a low cost similar to WotC's ESD policy of releasing old TSR modules.

Clark

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads