Necromancer Regaining Control of Minions after turning

welby

First Post
I'm playing a level 1 evil necromancer and am using the alternative rules from arcana unearthed where basically you give up your familiar but replace it with a skeleton minion. Note, this skeleton is *not* linked to me like a familiar would be.

So last night we pop into a room and get attacked by some other undead skeletons. What does our evil cleric do? She rebukes, throws out some nice rolls, and all of the skeletons become awed, including my minion.

Now, this makes sense to me (in my character background I met our cleric when my minion left me to bow down to her, and that is why I partially serve her) but what means if any does a necromancer have of reestablishing control over his undead? I could have sworn that an opposed roll made by me could have prevented the turning in the first place or something like that, but my searches have been in vain. Would love to hear any thoughts on this.

Being first level you can do naught, if your evil CLR friend rebukes it, it is rebuked for 10 rounds, if he commands it he can release it freely from his command as he desires, i'll tell you this, CLRs are the better Necromancers, you should have considered that beforehand. Later you can use the 2nd level spell Command Undead to regain control.
Besides that, the book is named Unearthed Arcana!

welby

First Post
Black Knight Irios said:
Besides that, the book is named Unearthed Arcana!

I always screw that up :)

Black Knight Irios said:
CLRs are the better Necromancers, you should have considered that beforehand

I didn't know I hadn't.

Our 4 player group all decided it would be fun to have 1 of each of the 4 basic roles, ie. war, thf, clr, wiz. Being the most experienced I let the other players pick first and the wizard was what I was left with.

Last edited:

Remove ads