• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Necromancer] Tome 4E guaranteed!

Orcus

First Post
Scott and I are absolutely going nuts right now with monsters.

Some awesome ones from myth, like the catoblepas.
Some cool ones Scott and I created.
Some ones from prior Tomes and even a few from the Creature Collection (spider eye goblins, alley reaper -a personal favorite- and undead ooze to name a few).
And we are even preliminarily concepting out some of the old TSR monsters we got permission to make in Tome1 in the hopes that everything works out.

Clark

I am not planning to switch to 4th edition any time soon, but your enthusiasm is really infectious. Its nice to see a happy game designer in these days of gloom and doom.

Its looking more and more likely your book will be my first (and only?) 4th edition purchase.

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
Orcus said:
These sample monsters are so great and the exception based approach really makes every monster so much fun and so unique.

That's because exceptions-based games are almost always more fun for the players and designers. There's nothing better than a rules effect that breaks an established rule. A lot of CCGs use this concept to create some awesome interaction; I'm not surprised to hear that 4e is following the same trail.

Darkwolf71

First Post
Orcus said:
Scott and I are absolutely going nuts right now with monsters.

Some awesome ones from myth, like the catoblepas.
Some cool ones Scott and I created.
Some ones from prior Tomes and even a few from the Creature Collection (spider eye goblins, alley reaper -a personal favorite- and undead ooze to name a few).
And we are even preliminarily concepting out some of the old TSR monsters we got permission to make in Tome1 in the hopes that everything works out.

Clark
Is it bad that I am looking forward to 4e Tome more than 4e as a whole?
:D

Here's hoping that 4e doesn't suck. This will be my 4th core book. ;)

Orcus

First Post
Darkwolf71 said:
Is it bad that I am looking forward to 4e Tome more than 4e as a whole?
:D

Here's hoping that 4e doesn't suck. This will be my 4th core book. ;)

No, its not bad.

I think, at this point, a lot of people's excitement about 4E has been impacted by the tenor of the discussion about 4E (not saying yours is, just commenting generally) and all the acrimony from many of the posts (which is unfortunate).

I am excited about Tome 4E, and I am excited about the new rules set too--both from a designer's standpoint and from a gamer's standpoint.

It's OK to be excited about 4E, and it is DEFINATELY OK (in my book anyway) to be excited about Tome 4E.

Clark

JoeGKushner

First Post
Now if the GLS isn't ready to allow delivery by Gen Con and the provisions haven't changed, will Necromancer still be leaping forward?

Orcus

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
Now if the GLS isn't ready to allow delivery by Gen Con and the provisions haven't changed, will Necromancer still be leaping forward?

Yes, because at this point it will be almost impossible to hit a GenCon release (not saying absolutely impossible, but most likely).

We are in.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Orcus said:
Yes, because at this point it will be almost impossible to hit a GenCon release (not saying absolutely impossible, but most likely).

We are in.

Man, your enthusiasm is top notch!

Will you as a third party publisher be pushing for any new provisions? Like extending the exclusive time to August of next year? Every day that goes by reduces the whole exlclusive utility another notch.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads