• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need a social rogue PrC with arcane abilities

hong

WotC's bitch
humble minion said:

Depends a bit. I think (at work, haven't got the books handy) that a bard has to perform rather than sing. So you could be able to talk to your GM about having a bard who used Perform (oratory), or Perform (raconteur) or even Perform (comedy). All depends a bit on what style of social skills you want to aim at.

I find that being able to fart to the tune of "Camptown Races" really helps break the ice at social gatherings.

Hong "or so I've been told" Ooi

Hrm...Perform (Mime) for S instead of V components? ;)

Just kidding, just kidding!

Use Magic Device and a storage of wands and scrolls can always be handy as backup.

Assassins have more stealth related arcane abilities, but if what you're looking for is not the arcane trickster, not a sorcerer/wiz, not an assassin, and not even a bard, then I doubt what you're looking for is arcane spellcasting abilities.

hong

WotC's bitch
Sollir Furryfoot said:
Hrm...Perform (Mime) for S instead of V components? ;)

I would now say something about using Multipurpose Internet Media Extensions to handwave text formatting, but only Psionicist would get the joke.

Saepiroth said:
I have a mental image of someone who looks suspiciously like Rodney Dangerfield Inspiring Heroics by cracking jokes at the dragon's expense.

I was thinking more like the French guards from Monty Python and the Holy Grail - "I told zem, we already got one!"

Sanackranib

First Post
Emiricol said:

Except the frikkin bard has to SING to use his powers, which is effectively counter to what I'm trying to do as a rogue. Otherwise I'd just be a bard.

Thanks to everyone with a suggestion besides "duh" :p I'll probably go with a modified PrCl if the DM agrees. Otherwise I'll just say oh well and go MC or use Korimyr's idea.

2 feats:
1 silent spell
2 still spell

Remove ads