D&D 3E/3.5 Need Help;Cleric of Mystra; new to 3.5

Hoser

First Post
I've just joined a group of gamers and its been a few years since I last played. We're located in the Realms, playing the new 3.5 edition and my new charater is going to be a cleric of Mystra. Does anyone have any useful info for a follower of Mystra or can you recommend any books, etc?

Thanks!

Pax

Banned
Banned
Magic of Faerun. Not just for the cleric spells, but for the discussion on the history of the Weave, and details on the Shadow Weave.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Well, this character will be all about magic. You might want to multiclass into wizard or sorcerer (or even make a mystic theurge if the DM lets you - If you promise to keep the levels even he might be more inclined to do this).

The Character needs high wis, of course, but he should also have high int.

Derrick Reeves

First Post
Nah... don't wimp out and go Mystic Theurge. Get your 13 Strength, Power Attack, Cleave, maybe some Divine Disciple if you have to multi-class - or Contemplative, that's good money - and go hit things in melee combat! Divine Power, fwoar! And Righteous Might, oh boy! Then if you're feeling particularly keen, get yourself some Quicken Spell so you can fire off the weenie boosts as free actions - a bit of Divine Favour never hurt nobody.

:D

Oh. Cleric of Mystra, you say? Yeah. Well. I don't play Clerics of Mystra much, so, I may not really be the right person to listen to. ;)

Xarls Taunzund

First Post
Derrick Reeves said:

Well... in my defence... it's not just beating people up, it's beating people up with magic. :D

Nah, you want beating people up with magic? Time Stop, Shapechange, Tenser's Transformation, shift into a Copper Wyrm and have some fun. :D

Remove ads