• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need help coming up with cool original rogue/swashbuckler name

Kaelynna

First Post
Need help coming up with cool original rogue/swashbuckler name

What can you come up with? Gender Male. Race most likely human or halfling

Thanks!
- Kae.

Last edited:

hong

WotC's bitch
I find that stealing the names of UNsenet or web board posters usually works very nicely in a pinch.

The last session I DMed featured 1st level warriors named Simon, Kengar, Destil, Kyramus and Whyrph, and a high-level druid named Voneth. My 13th level archer in another game is Talath.

Although there was one terrible disaster when I had a 15th level death knight named Piratecat.... :eek:

Latency

First Post
My one roommate used the name "dread pirate pepe Rodriguez" He wore an eye patch and was a land locked Pirate in a Ravenloft campaign. He was a great character the funniest thing he did at the game table was asked if he could get a +2 bonus to spot checks if he lifted the eye patch a took a good look at it.

The DM was laughing so hard he gave him the bonus. :)

Hope this helps

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
hong said:
I find that stealing the names of UNsenet or web board posters usually works very nicely in a pinch.

The last session I DMed featured 1st level warriors named Simon, Kengar, Destil, Kyramus and Whyrph, and a high-level druid named Voneth. My 13th level archer in another game is Talath.

Although there was one terrible disaster when I had a 15th level death knight named Piratecat.... :eek:

I think I'll create an NPC named Hong. Now, anyone remember what page in BoVD had those fetishes and perversions?

hong

WotC's bitch
MeepoTheMighty said:

I think I'll create an NPC named Hong. Now, anyone remember what page in BoVD had those fetishes and perversions?

You b*st*rd, you. Just for that, I'm going to create a kobold named Meepo.

Hmm.

hong

WotC's bitch
Some names from the first two pages of GD that could fit a rogue/swashbuckler:

Arravis
Marius Delphius
Leopold
Villano
Stannis (not a king, just a rogue)

Marius Delphus

Adventurer
Wow! Look guys, I got mentioned in a hong post! Does that mean I have to respond? :)

I get names from just about everywhere.

"Dapper Tom" Geller
Hugh Montcartre
Marco Uccellini
Kataran Milenov
Guy de Loialle
Justin of the Blade
Nemus Ovinius
Dromut Ar'Tellis
Mabin Ogion
Francois d'Yves-Penitant
Moustafa al-Prashtid
Robert Delcron
Isen Perales
Kurmik Ostiban
Hong Chi-Wong Chao

Swipe 'em if ya wanna. :)

Last edited:

JeffK1966

First Post
I had an old thief swashbuckler in 2E days named Ramiro the Red or something like that... and, I'm currently trying to play a flashy swashbuckler wannabe in Kalamar named Liamar. We have another similar type in game named Brogan, who hates to be called Brogan the Brigand...

Kyramus

First Post
hong said:

Wow I actually managed a dimensional clone and it became a level 1 character!!!!!
hehehehehe

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
Pick a name that's dashing and fun to say. Pay attention to sylables, cadence, and alliteration. Definitely take a first and last name, or a first name and a place name, or a name and a descripto. For instance:

"Ramiro the Red" is good, because it goes "da-da-da-da-DA." The sylables and double r make it roll of the tongue. Same goes for "the Dread Pirate Roberts".

"Marius Delphius" is bad, bacause there's a full stop after Marius. Well, maybe this one can be good for a villain. "Marius" can be said with a sneer.

Be that as it may, I know a fencer named Marius, which may influence the above opinion (Marius is not a swashbuckler; he's a fierce, very serious student and practitioner of the rapier.)

I, however, am a fencer. My SCA name is Michelle du'Port Royale (It's French, thus the masculine Michelle). Say it, the name rolls of the tongue: da-DA-da-DA-da-DA. Fun. Good name for a fencer.

So, pick a fun name. No one will notice a swashbuckler named Burt. But "Barnaby Brineswallow" will attract attention.

-zaruthustran, which is a terrible name for a fencer--but a decent name for a drow mage created in middle school circa 1989.

Remove ads