D&D 5E Need help in picking a character to fit this party

krunchyfrogg

Explorer
I’m joining a new game. I’ve asked what the others are playing, and this is what I’ve been told:

Celestial warlock
Rogue
Barbarian
Hunter ranger
Moon druid

We are starting at level 1, using the standard array and can use any official book (no UA) except Volos Guide.

Any ideas on what holes this party has? What would fit best?

I have some initial ideas, but want to hear from y’all first.

Dan Chernozub

First Post
This information is uterly insufficient.
Roles are important, not the classes. Classes influence the roles, but do not define them. Especially for spellcasters.

Nevvur

Explorer
I wouldn't say the party has any real holes that need to be plugged. If I were in your position, I would be looking at a wizard evoker or abjurer with a diverse spell selection.

Choose whatever class is going to be most fun for you to play, being mindful not to step on the toes of your fellow party members. That will never be the wrong choice, in my experience.

G

Guest 6801328

Choose whatever class is going to be most fun for you to play, being mindful not to step on the toes of your fellow party members. That will never be the wrong choice, in my experience.

I know (or assume) this was well-intentioned, but I still feel compelled to say that I hate it when people say this. It's so...pedantic and patronizing. Maybe the class the person asking the question wants to play is the class that would best complement the existing party.

Quickleaf

Legend
I’m joining a new game. I’ve asked what the others are playing, and this is what I’ve been told:

Celestial warlock
Rogue
Barbarian
Hunter ranger
Moon druid

We are starting at level 1, using the standard array and can use any official book (no UA) except Volos Guide.

Any ideas on what holes this party has? What would fit best?

I have some initial ideas, but want to hear from y’all first.

As long as Druid is preparing cure spells, you’ve got plenty of healing.

Not much in the way of support... no cleric, Bard, or paladin.

I’m guessing rogue, barbarian, and Druid are melee builds. Is there enough ranged capacity in the party?

Is the warlock or maybe rogue designed as a “face”?

Maybe a ranger Bard? Or blasting Sorcerer with social skills?

G

Guest 6801328

As long as Druid is preparing cure spells, you’ve got plenty of healing.

Not much in the way of support... no cleric, Bard, or paladin.

I’m guessing rogue, barbarian, and Druid are melee builds. Is there enough ranged capacity in the party?

I would guess the rogue is ranged, just because that's what 75% of rogues seem to be doing these days. /boring

Is the warlock or maybe rogue designed as a “face”?

Maybe a ranger Bard? Or blasting Sorcerer with social skills?

Paladin would be a great complement to this group. Dibs on magical heavy armor, versatile support including backup healing, good melee.

S

Sunseeker

Swashbuckler, because instead of stepping on no toes, it steps on all of them!
You're kinda a rogue, but with flair!
You're kinda living off the "wilderness" that is the sea!
You're great with the wilds, as long as it's the ocean.
And the moon druid can turn into your parrot!

But seriously, play whatever makes you happy.

Remove ads