• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need help matching Reaper Bones minis to D&D creatures

Oryan77

Adventurer
I have a lot of Reaper Bones miniatures that I am not quite sure how to use in my D&D game. Some of them have similar D&D creature names but don't really fit the D&D version of that creature (has a different size or looks completely different).

I have gone through all of my D&D books trying to match these minis to a creature that it could proxy for and these are all of the minis I have left that I can't match up. I'm hoping people here might be able to suggest a good D&D creature that the mini could proxy for. Even really obscure creatures are good with me.

Your suggestions could be from any D&D edition and any campaign setting (including Dragon/Dungeon magazines) as long as it is an official D&D creature. I just would prefer not to get suggestions like, "a baby Hook Horror" or "an enlarged Stirge" unless stats exist for that in a rulebook. I would be glad to share my entire list of Reaper Bones miniatures that can be used as proxies for D&D creatures once I complete these last figures.

Listed below are the Reaper Bones mini name, creature size, and a clickable link to an image. Thanks for any help!

#2 Familiar, Elemental (small)
#3 Familiar, Little Death (Tiny)
#4 Flesh Golem (medium)
#5 Frost Wyrm (huge) - something other than a Remorhaz, Frost Worm, or Purple Worm
#6 Ghost King (medium) - something other than a Wraith
#7 Ghostly Summons (medium)
#8 Medium Fire Elemental (medium)
#11 Tiik Champion (medium)
#13 Avatar of Sekhmet (medium)
#14 Avatar of Sokar (large)
#15 Avatar of Thoth (medium)
#16 Bathalian Centurion (large)
#17 Cloak Beast (small)
#20 Desert Thing (large)
#21 Erynth Grask (medium)
#22 Fly Demon (medium)
#23 Giant Wererat (large)
#25 Hordling (small)
#27 Ithsyn (large)
#30 Ravage Bear (large)

Last edited:

JonnyP71

Explorer
Some quick easy ones:

#18 - Demi Lich = Demi Lich!!!
#34 - Water Weird = Water Weird!!!
#22 - Fly Demon = Chasme
#19 - Orcus

JonnyP71

Explorer
Some more - Verocithrax's horns make him Red or Black dragon, and the ridge along his back matches the Red too.

The Cloak Beast might be a Volt?

Hordlings were in AD&D Monster Manual 2, and fit those minis as they came in a lot of shapes and sizes

ccs

41st lv DM
#4 Flesh Golem (medium)

Wait for it......
#4 is a [sblock=] Flesh Golem![/sblock]
#8 is a [sblock=] Medium Fire Elemental![/sblock]

Oryan77

Adventurer
#4 Flesh Golem (medium)

Wait for it......
#4 is a [sblock=] Flesh Golem![/sblock]
#8 is a [sblock=] Medium Fire Elemental![/sblock]
Oryan77 said:
Some of them have similar D&D creature names but don't really fit the D&D version of that creature (has a different size or looks completely different).
The reaper Flesh Golem is medium while the D&D creature is large. D&D Fire Elementals don't tend to have wings, so I'm hoping to find something to proxy that mini with to cover a wider range of creatures.

Also, providing a list to other gamers and telling them that a Flesh Golem miniature makes a good proxy for a Flesh Golem monster seems kind of redundant to me. :p I'm hoping to use the Reaper minis as other monsters as much as possible since D&D and Pathfinder have already covered a lot of these creatures in miniature form.

Voadam

Legend
#5 with the right paint could be a behir.

#22 is a spot on chasme, although in Fiendish Codex I they are large, not medium. In the 1e Monster Manual II they were medium.

Voadam

Legend
#23 could be a Werewolf Lord. Large giant rat hybrid (obviously intended to be a Warhammer ogre rat skaven) looks a lot like a dire wolf hybrid. The tail is the biggest discrepancy but D&D dire animals become a bit weird.

Remove ads