D&D 3E/3.5 Need help with a 3.0 -> 3.5 weapon conversion

cnath.rm

First Post
I'm running The Crucible of Freya from Necromancer Games for a group, we are (more or less) using 3.5 rules, and the adventure was put out during the very start of 3.0 so there are some conversion issues.

I have a weapon on a cleric of Orcus that is described as the following:

Quote:
+1 Evil skull-tipped spiked heavy mace (+2 vs good-aligned creatures, +4 vs paladins.)
I'm wondering how it converts to 3.5 weapon qualities if in fact it does. (it's not like I can't just go with the above desc.)

Arkhandus

First Post
Looks to me like a non-standard magic item....

I'd treat it as a Morningstar (which in D&D is basically a mace with spikes). +1 enhancement bonus to attacks and damage, improved by +2 (to a total of +3 enhancement) against good-aligned creatures, and improved by another +2 (to a total of +5 enhancement) against paladins. Treat it as having the side-effects and aura (to Detect Magic and such anyway) that an Unholy weapon would possess (just not the extra attack/damage bonuses). So it bypasses Damage Reduction as an evil weapon (such as any DR X/evil or DR X/evil and magic), and non-evil creatures suffer if they try to hold it.

Remove ads