• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need help with a damage question...

Dr Midnight

Explorer
I have a duelist who does 2d6+6 damage with a successful hit. The second d6 is from "Precise Strike", a duelist class feature.

Last week another player told me that Precise Strike's damage is ONLY included in the first attack, should I attack more than once in a round.

Is this true? Where can I reference this crap?

Ristamar

Adventurer
As far as I know, Precise Strike basically follows the same guidelines as Sneak Attack (which would mean it applies to all attacks).

I could be wrong, though.

Urbanmech

Explorer
My guess is that precise strike is something like sneak attack in that it applies to all of your attacks as long as you meet the requirements, "using a one handed piercing weapon."
If precise strike was limited to once per round the duelist would loose out on a lot of offensive power.

dcollins

Explorer
I'm looking at this Duelist ability on Sword & Fist, p. 18. I don't see that limitation specified anywhere in the description. A quick search doesn't find any references to the ability in the errata, either.

melkoriii

First Post
Dr Midnight said:
I have a duelist who does 2d6+6 damage with a successful hit. The second d6 is from "Precise Strike", a duelist class feature.

Last week another player told me that Precise Strike's damage is ONLY included in the first attack, should I attack more than once in a round.

Is this true? Where can I reference this crap?

From what I know of Precise Strike its like sneak attack and is applied to every attack the meets the requierment.

One thing to note.

Dose you Duelist do (2d6+6) weapon (+1d6) Precise strike
or
(1d6+6) Weapon (+1d6) Precise Strike

It is importent to make note for Criticals
Precise Strike is not multiplied in a crit only weapon and str dmage is multiplied just like in sneak attack.

Crothian

First Post
You get precise strike on every attack that you are using a hind handed piercing weapon. So, yes, you get it with every attack. It's a powerful ability.

Albereth

First Post
And, if I remember correctly, if the Duelist has rogue levels it stacks with the Sneak Attack. Dont have my books handy so this could be wrong.

Albereth

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads