• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need Names for Adventurer Groups

Kiracat

Scarred Lands Groupie
I'm DMing a campaign where the characters are competing against many other 5-person teams. Next session, I'm going to have to announce the names of teams that advance to the next round of competition . . . .

Any good, generic (but still interesting) team names that you can think of? Almost everyone competing is a beginning adventurer (it's that kind of contest), so these aren't really seasoned types . . . . Probably 15 teams will make it to the next round, and I should at least have 5-10 actual names to announce . . . .

Mr Fidgit

First Post
welcome Kiracat :D

can you give us any more information (like which game system, era (if modern or CoC), or world (if fantasy))?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
The Highland Rangers, The Scarlet Chiefs, The Hornets, The Ridgebacks, The Band of the Axe, the Screaming Chihuahuas

just get the names of your favourite football/b-ball/ice hockey team OR species of dog or Animal etc and go from there

Kiracat

Scarred Lands Groupie
Names

Oh, silly of me . . . .

It's a 3rd edition fantasy campaign, set in a modified version of the Scarred Lands (Sword & Sorcery Publications).

Mr Fidgit

First Post
well, they may not be too generic, but...

you could take the name of a god or goddess and add words like 'champions', 'chosen' or 'faithful' to it; or make the group names closer to the god/dess's faiths, like (stealing from the WotC splatbooks), Fists of Hexor or Servants of Pelor

you could use one-word names (preceded by 'the') like The Inquisition, The Disciples, The Ravagers (or use the names above as one-word titles; The Champions, The Chosen, The Faithful...)

or you could steal group names from comic books like the Avengers, Defenders, Titans, Outsiders (!), Fantastic (Four or Five or whatever), Sinister (Six or Seven, etc.), X-Men (...ok, maybe not X-Men :D )

or use color-words preceding titles, like the Scarlet Brotherhood, Emerald Sisterhood, Grey Raiders, Black Marauders, Golden Fellowship

and then there are the group names with numbers (as with those listed above), like the Furious Five, Magnificent Seven, Ocean's Eleven, Three Blind Mice, The Three Stooges... :p

Priest

First Post
_____'s Delvers ( with the blank being the Leaders Last Name)

The Spitting Nagas
The Ratpack
Thundering Mummies

Remove ads