Need some present ideas

Wicht

Hero
My daughter's 16th birthday is coming up and I would like to get her a nice gift, and could use some help brainstorming. She likes roleplaying, Pathfinder in particular is her game of choice and she likes Wizard characters in particular. She is extremely partial to dragons, metallic especially, though giraffes run her a close second in her favorites department. So far I have her a coffee mug that expresses her Dragon OCD and a copy of The Dragons of Krynn (short stories) on the way. She likes to read. A lot. I would like to get her some sort of Roleplaying book focused on dragons but am coming up short on ideas. I already have a copy of Dragonomicon in my collection she has read. What other d20 style books are there which focus on dragons that I may be missing.

Or alternatively, where is a good place to buy dragon themed art for her wall? Or what other suggestions might you have (she expresses skepticism about hanging a dragon head on her wall as she prefers her dragons "living").

Janx

Hero
perhaps an art book of dragons. Something to look at and draw inspiration from. Note, I'm talking one of the good books of art, not a cheapy $20 one.

pocket dragons? they're small.

a dragon themed leather book cover on a new journal

I figure a 16 year old needs less knicknack and more "useful" stuff.

Whisper72

Explorer
Dont know how you are on weapons in the house (nor the budget you are considering), but a set of replica's of Arwen's sword is a cool knicknack...

Wicht

Hero
Arwen's sword would both be very cool and potentially out of budget. :)

The birthday was yesterday. She got a mug that proclaimed her to have O.D.D. (obsessive dragon disorder), a dragon pen, a scroll tapestry print to hang on her wall, Dragons of Krynn (short stories #1), The Green Dragon Codex, The Silver Dragon Codex, a stuffed dragon from her brother, and some scrap-booking material from her aunt. She has a, unbeknownst to her, a copy of Monopoly Tropical Tycoon arriving today as a gift from her other brother. Overall she was very pleased with it all.

Janx

Hero
sounds like it worked out, and you've got some starter ideas for next year*

*when she quietly decides dragons aren't cool anymore, and switches to Unicorns. :)

Remove ads