• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need that gnome!

Boddynock

First Post
Hi, folks!

I'm trying to track down a suitable icon for my avatar. "Boddynock" is one of the WotC suggested male gnome names - and the name of a gnome wizard I played with friends a while ago. He thought he rocked. For some reason the rest of the party just thought of him as "that bloody gnome." (Heightist so-and-so's!)

So I'd like to find a good male, arcane caster icon to use for my avatar. There was one on the WotC site a year or so ago which showed the 3E iconic gnome of the time (Nebin, I think) as an advanced - and impressive - spellcaster. Unfortunately, having changed computers, that one's not available.

Any suggestions? Any search I do on Google just gives me the traditional, sit on a toadstool gnomes - and if I specify D&D, all I get is character descriptions.

I hope this is the right forum. Can anybody help?

'Nock

shady

Explorer
Well, try searching in Google Images.

Boddyknock (with a 'k') is a character in the neverwinter nights, search on that in Google Images and you'll find the avatar from that game. In fact neverwinter vault (nwvault.ign.com) has a fair few end user crafted icons for use.

Also the Wizards art gallery section is worth trying, you may have to wander around to find something (it's at http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/arch/ag), and when you find it you may have to chop it somewhat to fit.

My avatar sorta looks like a gnome, but it's not. It was made by someone on these boards, and now I'm afraid I'm going to spell the name wrong: Siala. There. I have embarassed myself in public.

But maybe you could beg/plead/whine and "Siala" would make one for you, too. :)

Boddynock

First Post
@shady: Thanks, shady - would you believe, I'd never even realized that Google Image search existed. That'll teach me not to pay attention to the fine print! I have already searched the Wizards art gallery - without success. Google Image gave me a few pics but not the one I'm looking for - although I have started to consider changing the concept to something a little more absurd. NWN will be next on the list!

@Barrend Nobeard: Thanks for the suggestion. I hope I can find the pic I had in mind (although, see above) but I must admit I hadn't thought of "commissioning" a character portrait. Hmm...

@haiiro: Thanks for those images. I'd always visualized 'Nock as a little more dangerous and a little less anime than these portraits of Nebin. It is handy to have the head-&-shoulders, though.

OK, I'll keep looking!

'Nock
(Prestidigitation is such a handy spell - particularly when you want to annoy the hell out of your halfling rogue scout! :lol: )

Fiery James

First Post
Pozas

http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/hosted/Pozas/gallery_main.html

I suggest Claudio's gallery as a place to start! And, it's hosted by ENWorld, so you can get there easily using that little Site Menu button if the link doesn't work.

My wife, for the first time ever, agreed to create a character and *maybe* play, and she's been looking at Claudio's work for inspiration -- she decided on a Gnome Rogue.

:)

- James

(And, of course, there are even more gnome images on Counter Collection Digital!) :)

Boddynock

First Post
Aha - a gnome!

Well, as you can see, I've found an avatar. It was still not the one I was thinking of but it has definite possibilities. (Actually, it looks like a previous boss of mine :] )

Thanks for all your help. I appreciated it very much.

'Nock

HiLiphNY

Explorer
Fiery James said:
My wife, for the first time ever, agreed to create a character and *maybe* play, and she's been looking at Claudio's work for inspiration -- she decided on a Gnome Rogue.
Sweet Gunga Munga, Man!

You have accomplished the unthinkable! Lo, have I quested upon the arduous task of bringing my wife to the table before mine screen. And oh, how have I failed. Failed miserably.

Truely, you are a man of prestige and worth!

- Ian (originally from T.O., now in NYC)

Last edited:

Remove ads