D&D General Netflix pulls Community's Dungeons & Dragons episode over blackface concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Damn, that was one of the best episodes of Community, and one of the best D&D episodes of any show. It also seems like a strange decision to me. Like, I’m not black, so I’m not really in a position to say whether or not the blackface in that episode is really offensive or not, but to me it comes across as lampooning the idea that drow cosplay is meaningfully different than blackface. It’s the Changs of the world who are the butt of the joke there, not black folks.

R_J_K75

Legend
The very first new Looney Tunes cartoon released this year (Warner Brothers is doing the same thing Disney is and unleashing today's animators on their characters) has Elmer shooting at Bugs.

I just read an article about a week and a half ago stating moving forward he will not have a gun and pretty sure the cartoon that was referenced in the article he did not, so this may have been a recent decision.

Orcslayer78

Explorer
Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission
(V for Vendetta 2006)

That's what America has become, a moral police dictatorship where thoughts and art get censored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads