D&D 5E Neverwinter & the North (LMoP campaign sequel)

Nebulous

Legend
I can get two or three more sessions out of this scenario, and now that I think about it, I can probably tie the eruption of Mt. Hotenow to Princes of the Apocalypse.....

But we're still going to reset to 3rd. And this is one tough dungeon crawl they're in, death is very possible, unless they bail. I have no idea what will happen.

Nebulous

Legend
This campaign is nearing the end tail of its arc. Elgweth the elf wants freedom from his curse, and their trials have brought them to Neverwinter. The Book of the Black Spider is missing, now in the hands of someone they think is now not the best person, one known as Lord Sangre, a well noted and respectable noble of city, but as secret contacts have whispered, he might be in league with a black community of demon worshipers of Asmodeus - the Ashmadai.

The dwarf cleric Thorin was sucked down a waste tube and is missing in the sewers as the others desperately search for his whereabouts, either alive or dead...

What has happened here in Neverwinter, with the earthquake and eruption of Mt. Hotenow, ties into the next campaign arc - Princes of the Apocalypse....

Nebulous

Legend
There's been no combat the past 3 sessions. Which is completely fine, it's been great. But i have a feeling all that bottled up violence is about to explode all at the same time :)

I foresee the PCs leading a strike squad of 10 Neverwinter Knights into the sewers to eliminate the vampire infestation......

Jaelommiss

First Post
Vampires, eh? Have they considered dropping a Daylight spell and grappling the bloodsuckers?

60 foot radius, plus 60 more of dim light for one hour without concentration. 20 radiant damage at the start of the vampires' turns, disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks, prevents Regeneration, Shapechanger, and Misty Escape. No saving throw bypasses Legendary Resistance. With disadvantage on ability checks it shouldn't be too hard to grapple them until they crumble to dust, and with disadvantage on attack rolls there is less chance that anyone will get horribly maimed.

Nebulous

Legend
Vampires, eh? Have they considered dropping a Daylight spell and grappling the bloodsuckers?

60 foot radius, plus 60 more of dim light for one hour without concentration. 20 radiant damage at the start of the vampires' turns, disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks, prevents Regeneration, Shapechanger, and Misty Escape. No saving throw bypasses Legendary Resistance. With disadvantage on ability checks it shouldn't be too hard to grapple them until they crumble to dust, and with disadvantage on attack rolls there is less chance that anyone will get horribly maimed.

They haven't got that far into planning yet, that's going to happen via email i think, but they need something. There's demons down there too. And a dragon. And more traps. Actually I'm cutting back on the crushing wall traps, there's at least 2 i think that do buttloads of crushing damage, and they could easily get squished. Right now they're scared of stuff like getting sucked down tubes of sewage and drowning :)

Nebulous

Legend
Also...they have a magic item recovered from Thundertree...a necklace of evil dragon command the Cult of the Dragon tried to use on Venomfang. But they might forget they have that in their inventory. I haven't :)

Nebulous

Legend
I wish Bill Webb saw this, he was one of the writers of Sewers of the Underguild and he might be interested to see how we adapted it.

Remove ads