D&D 3E/3.5 [New 3.5 Race] The Taur'fei

Buddha the DM

Explorer
The basic idea for this race came about from a conversation that I had with someone at a family reunion yesterday.

Basically the Taur'fei are half-Elf and half-Minotaur. They can be as aggressive as their minotaur parent, but not as cruel due to the mingling of elf blood within their system.

A basic description and history/origin are included within the file.

Please comment on this race and tell me what you think of it.

Edit (08/05): Fixed an error in the MM style entry's save line. Also put in the beginnings of a PHB style race entry.

Attachments

• taurfei.zip
    60.8 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Bean 2.0

First Post
Questions

1) Elves are humanoids, this is a monstrous humanoid, does it get immunity from the Person spells, does it qualify for all elven prestige classes or just the ones that allow half-elves), Does it qualify for monstrous humanoid prestige classes, if a ranger gets favored enemy against elves and monstrous humanoid which one counts?

2) their gore attack is 2 steps down instead of 1 is that because their elven ancestry messes with the horns past the size drop?

3) their charge attack is a little weak other monsters of the same size and base gore damage (bariur from manual of the planes) gets 2d6+1 1/2 str mod is that right?

Suggestions

history pleases i love the idea and would like more info
what kind of elves
what types of dieties
common aligment
how did the M'Taurs breed with the elves?

hellbender

First Post
Nichar:
I replied with my comments in the chat. If you want any graphics for the race, let me know, I will cobble something up for you.

hellbender

Buddha the DM

Explorer
hellbender: That would be cool.

Bean 2.0:
They qualify for any PrC that would allow a race with mixed elven blood (ie. Half-Elves, Taur'fei). Thus the Taur'fei could take levels in Arcane Archer or Shadowthorne.

As for a Ranger's Favored Enemy the Taur'fei are considered Monstrous Humanoids.

I'll be fixing the die type on the Gore attack to the proper size of 1d6. Also, I'll be increasing the damage of their charge attack from 1d8 to 2d6.

----

The race was designed using the basic phb Elf.

Common alignment was in the file. I said that they are usually Chaotic Neutral.

As for history, racial origins, and deities, I'll be getting to those.

I'll be attaching a newer copy of the race to the first post with a few changes.

Buddha the DM

Explorer
The Taur'fei & Rangers

Here is pretty much my final ruling on this matter.

As for a Ranger's Favored Enemy the Taur'fei are considered Monstrous Humanoids, and an Elf, although only the higher of the two bonuses apply.

Buddha the DM

Explorer
Anyone else want to comment on the Taur'fei as they currently stand?

BTW, anyone that has already downloaded the file should do so again because things have been updated. If the download count ever shows 0, that means you should probably download the file again.

Remove ads