3PP Release New 3PP release: Manual of Adventurous Resources: Complete! AVAILABLE NOW!

Pedantic

Legend
I'd put this in the necromancy school. (Then again, I'd place healing spells in the necromancy school in general, and I don't agree with when it changed to non-necromancy. That might've been 3e?)
3e made the move to Conjuration, suggesting you were summoning energy from the Positive Energy Plane. Which didn't make a ton of sense, because the Inflict spells did exactly the same thing for the Negative Energy Plane and remained necromancy.

Faolyn

(she/her)
I'd actually put it in transmutation, based on the description.
Good call; I changed it.

There's a part of me that wants there to be one spell for objects/constructs, and another for undead, as those feel like very different kinds of magic to me. Although the spell that assists undead would need some other kind of utility boost.
I view it as sort of a higher-level mending spell. You're not healing, you're fixing an object--that in this case also is "alive."

xiphumor

Legend
Good call; I changed it.

I view it as sort of a higher-level mending spell. You're not healing, you're fixing an object--that in this case also is "alive."
But undead may be incorporeal. Also, it feels weird to me that artificers can repair undead

xiphumor

Legend
I guess my preferred version would look more like this:

Repair​

1st-level (transmutation; healing, technological, transformation, utility)
Classes: Artificer, bard, wizard
Casting Time: 1 Action
Range: Touch
Target: One construct or artificial object
Components: V, S
Duration: Instantaneous
You restore an object or construct that has been damaged. The target regains hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. Magic items may be repaired in this way, but their magic is not restored.
Cast at Higher Levels. The hit points regained increase by 1d8 for each slot level above 1st.
Rare: Dryvel’s Otherworldly Repair. This spell can also restore hit points to undead creatures.

Remove ads