3PP Release New 3PP Release: Manual of Adventurous Resources: Elements!

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
The fifth installment of the popular MoAR series is here and available for purchase!

Lots of cool stuff in this one, and much like MoAR Battlemages was my design opus, MoAR Elements is @Xethreau's (well, for this series, anyway; he's done so much cool stuff in other products I can barely keep track of it all).

Two new heritages: Genasi and Merfolk
Four cultures (three new, one updated): Atlantean, Elemental-Bound, Islander, and Skylander
One new background: Miner
Six new archetypes:
  • Berserker: Dragonblooded
  • Cleric: Elemental Priest
  • Druid: Flamespeaker
  • Druid: Sea Warden
  • Herald: Elemental Knight
  • Warlock: Sea Witch
A new stronghold type: Mine
A new follower: Digger
And seven spells to cap it off.

This is also the rollout of the new PMG trade dress. And with that comes another announcement: while I can't go back and redo everything, I will at a minimum be doing a new version of MoAR Battlemages with the new trade dress. I have learned a ton between when I did those three days of panic layout in January and now, and I want to spruce that one up with my new skills. No specific date for that, but hopefully soon.

MoAR Elements Cover.jpg

WanderingMystic

Adventurer
This is tied with Battlemages for my favorite MoAR. It does sadden me since I remember hearing that this is also your last MoAR. For me the stand out piece in this book has to be the Merfolk heritage hands down, in fact I think this has to be my favorite heritage in A5E to date.

Berserker: Dragonblooded - Something that I have wanted in 5e so I was delighted to see this in A5E.

Cleric: I don't really find the plant option as appropriate even if it is nice. This is however exactly what I would want for a Dark Sun game or if I wanted to bring back my pyromancer cleric.

I am a little shocked that there is no Elemental Adept

Warlock: While I love the pact of the Fathomless this provided everything that arcetype did but with a few extra options and more flavor

Timespike

I will say this: while this is the conclusion of what Josh and I set out to do with MoAR, there's likely to be one additional thing under that line name before we finish up and put a bow on it. We're just in active discussions about exactly what that looks like, so stay tuned.

Also, if you think this is the last thing you'll see from either of us, you can safely put that fear to bed. I've got two large-scale projects in various stages of production and Josh has started working on his Fin Turris cyberpunk/fantasy setting. You are definitely getting additional content from both of us in the future, it'll just have different branding on the front cover.

WanderingMystic

Adventurer
I will say this: while this is the conclusion of what Josh and I set out to do with MoAR, there's likely to be one additional thing under that line name before we finish up and put a bow on it. We're just in active discussions about exactly what that looks like, so stay tuned.

Also, if you think this is the last thing you'll see from either of us, you can safely put that fear to bed. I've got two large-scale projects in various stages of production and Josh has started working on his Fin Turris cyberpunk/fantasy setting. You are definitely getting additional content from both of us in the future, it'll just have different branding on the front cover.
I knew that there was no chance of either of the two of you stoping producing content. For me personally I much prefer journal sized releases like this or larger releases while I know that so far the two of you generally make individual releases.

I enjoy the thematic approach you have taken with this project and while I can see the lower price point of your or Josh's individual releases I am more likely to buy a book or pdf if there is a a plethora of options in the book. Example I don't know if I would have bought a individual pdf for Merfolk yet after looking at it I have fallen in love with the heritage.

Timespike

I knew that there was no chance of either of the two of you stoping producing content. For me personally I much prefer journal sized releases like this or larger releases while I know that so far the two of you generally make individual releases.

I enjoy the thematic approach you have taken with this project and while I can see the lower price point of your or Josh's individual releases I am more likely to buy a book or pdf if there is a a plethora of options in the book. Example I don't know if I would have bought a individual pdf for Merfolk yet after looking at it I have fallen in love with the heritage.
You're not alone in that buying preference, which is something I've definitely taken note of.

Remove ads