New 44-Page Elements of Magic (Revised) Preview!

Not as far as I know. As I don't have the epic level handbook, and I had limited space in the book, it only covers levels 1 to 20. I'm sure you could probably extrapolate effects available beyond 20th level, since the spells are constructed point by point.

However, as I've recently learned, there are some oddities of epic-level play that I hadn't considered, like apparently epic level items cost x10 what they would normally, rather arbitrarily. The magic item rules in EOM allow for somewhat epic items, like +11 swords, and they don't cost x11.

You could probably extrapolate beyond 20th level, but a few changes would probably be necessary.

torem13

First Post
RangerWickett,

A couple of question.

Will this first book be pdf, printed or both? Same for the second book.

Second, I bought the original pdf a while ago, Are there any discounts for buying version 1.0?

Thanks, I look forward to seeing the new complete EoM when it is released.

torem13 said:
RangerWickett,

A couple of question.

Will this first book be pdf, printed or both? Same for the second book.

Second, I bought the original pdf a while ago, Are there any discounts for buying version 1.0?

Thanks, I look forward to seeing the new complete EoM when it is released.

Right now, just pdf.

Due to the vastness of the revision for this version, there is no discount for people who bought the first edition. You're welcome to download the freebie sample on the ENPublishing site (www.enworld.org/enpublishing), to see if you like the way we've revised the system.

Finally, here's the cover image. You get to see this before we actually post an official press release. *grin*

Attachments

• EOM-R.jpg
    EOM-R.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 101

*compulsively bows to the cover and begins to chant in toungues he doesn't understand.*

(in between bows) So.....do you.....think....you....WILL.....be.....done.....by Friday or.......Monday?

*Stands to get out his human sacrificing knife*

EEEEEEEEOOOOOMMM, EEEEEEEEEEOOOOOMMM........

*accidently cuts himself, breaking the spell somehow*

OW! Holy Frack!

* looks at the bloody mess he made of Kenny from south park*

by the way, that was meant to be a compliment, (shifts eyes) although it might have just plain revealed dark, primal secrets the likes of which should never see the glow of broad daylight. So, anyway in an attempt to do it properly without freaking any more people out, I'd like to say that it rocks. Its good to see the expectations of us all for over half a year finally reveal itself in a tangible form. To be honest I miss the bright colors of the original cover and despite the fact that while the basic elements were the only ones that had "goddesses/spirits/elementals" on the other cover, there were the positive and para-elements as well as Life represented on the older EOM, sorta visualizing the "sphere of elements."
However, the elements are not (quite) connected that same way anymore, and I think that the physics and human preportions are

ah nuts! I somehow posted prematurely!
anyway what I was saying is that the elemental spirits were drawn more accutely to real people than the paper dolls of the earlier Eom, and the fact that they aren't tied to the "sphere" anymore means they are free to: a) interact and interpostion with the others, b) stop making us dizzy by wondering which way is up, c) create the illusion of motion. Very well done.

Remove ads