New 5E Adventures Coming From Goodman Games

Emerikol

Adventurer
True. But back then, the rooms were sparse, the monster distribution made no sense, and there was barely any description. Any random dungeon generator can create a 1E dungeon these days.

Maybe your homebrew dungeons were that way but I consider my collection of 1e adventure modules to be some of the best flavor and story around.

Ravenheart87

Explorer
By the way I can wholeheartedly recommend their DCC RPG modules. Of course you'll have to convert monster stats and items, but they are great - especially those written by Harley Stroh. The 5e adventures don't seem to be that impressive so far.

Jhaelen

First Post
Maybe your homebrew dungeons were that way but I consider my collection of 1e adventure modules to be some of the best flavor and story around.
Then your collection seems to be lacking most of the 'classic' D&D modules, e.g. the S-series: Tomb of Horrors, Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth, etc.

PeelSeel2

Explorer
Bottom line- are they worth $10?

In my opinion, yes. I like them because they are concise, evocative, and modular. If I am not feeling the direction of our campaign at the time, I can grab one of these and put it in without much complication. If I want to do a whole 'adventure path' with a series of them, I can make that happen.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases