New Acquisitions Inc. Art

Over on Sage Advice D&D is a handful of images from the pages of Acquisitions Inc., the D&D hardcover coming out in June.

ai3.jpg

ai2.jpg

ai1.jpg

Russ Morrissey

Comments

collin

Explorer
Well, the artwork at least looks decent. Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about it. I like the robotic beholder, and the drow looks good.

Thanks!

Cthulad

Villager
The mechanical Beholder just gave me a little idea for another adventure that I am going to be running at some time.
I may have to make it a little more waterproof, but great idea.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Are they cannon in D&D? Will we see a cartoon serie in Netflix?
I would love to see a cartoon series in Netflix, but I wonder if Hasbro would be looking to buy/license Critical Roles IP instead, given the proven fan base and the fact that their will be a first season in production already.

Or, they would likely look to a property they already have with a wide fan base. Something like Dragon Lance or the Drizzt storylines.

E

Elderbrain

Funny story: The 4e Player's Strategy Guide had similar style artwork. I had a friend who was into 4e so I gave him a copy as a present - and he threw a fit. Couldn't STAND the cartoony artwork. I admit it's not my cup of tea, either, but the contents were perfectly useable (and useful). Plus I gave him a free book, he should've been grateful. Oh well.

Last edited:

Parmandur

Legend
Funny story: The 4e Player's Strategy Guide had similar style artwork. I had a friend who was into 4e so I gave him a copy as a present - and he threw a fit. Couldn't STAND the cartoony artwork. I admit it's not my cup of tea, either, but the contents were perfectly useable (and useful). Plus I gave him a free book, he should've been grateful. Oh well.
Well, it is fairly similar, since they are both the work of Mike Krahulik of Penny Arcade. :)

Advertisement

Advertisement