• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General New AD&D and Basic set D&D action figures.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Considering my brother and I shared a lot of our toys, I'm surprised we didn't destroy more of ours.*

*Other than Construx, which we made swords out of and "dueled" with until they broke.
Funny how despite having two siblings, each of us had their own toys. Didn't stop me from borrowing from both my brother and sister at-will. Though a couple of things are definitely shared with my brother, mainly big boardgames and the Playstation. I rarely had toys break on me, and I'd still keep a lot of them if they hadn't been destroyed in a fire.

Funny how despite having two siblings, each of us had their own toys. Didn't stop me from borrowing from both my brother and sister at-will. Though a couple of things are definitely shared with my brother, mainly big boardgames and the Playstation. I rarely had toys break on me, and I'd still keep a lot of them if they hadn't been destroyed in a fire.

We had our own action figures, but for the "big" things like vehicles, most of the time, but not always, they were shared. Legos, Lincoln Logs, Construx, TinkerToys, and other "creative" toys, those were shared entirely.

Most of our toys ended up donated to Goodwill. The only one I held onto, that I still treasure dearly, is my original Warduke.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
We had our own action figures, but for the "big" things like vehicles, most of the time, but not always, they were shared. Legos, Lincoln Logs, Construx, TinkerToys, and other "creative" toys, those were shared entirely.

Most of our toys ended up donated to Goodwill. The only one I held onto, that I still treasure dearly, is my original Warduke.
Not everything was lost though. A couple of my plushies survived, including my bear and a baby elephant I use as a pincushion.
photo_2023-03-14_09-50-27.jpg

Also, a good amount of my Legos also survived through my dark times and grew from enough to fill a satchel to enough to fill a couple boxes. And well, losing a lot of my childhood toys gave me the chance to rebuy them now as an adult, which also let me have stuff that was either too expensive, not approved by my Mom, or just plain not available at the time. For example, when I was little the only female transformer available on stores was Airazor, now my original Airazor was lost in that fire, but now I can have a new one and enough other to have a full squad of female transformers. How cool is that?

photo_2023-03-14_09-46-41.jpg

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
My 3 D&D reaction figure set arrived today, pristine shape so they did a great job shipping these knowing their collector audience wouldn’t want bent up cards. Not that it matters to me since I’ve freed them so they can proudly stand on the shelf with my minis. Hopefully they make some more figures to collect.

teitan

Legend
Minimal articulation. Think the old, original Kenner Star Wars figures - arms move at the shoulder, legs move at the waist. Not even the level of articulation of the LJN figures from the 80’s.

Maybe we’ll see a rerelease of the old LJN figures at some point.

I might get the Githyanki, if they don’t want $19 for it (the cost of most of these Reaction figures).
The LJN figures are coming from NECA with modern versions and some reissues, or rather releases of unreleased figures at SDCC last year. The new "Ultimate" figures are amazing and so far it is Warduke and Grimsword with Zarak and Strongheart in September-ish. They are also HUGE for 7" scale figures. Just beautiful and I don't usually like NECA. They have not sat on shelves like most of the NECA figures you see in the adult collector's sections.

teitan

Legend
There is a Youtuber that explains this kind of stuff on toy pricing. (Spector Creative)

Anyway, I'll have to pay like $30 or more to get one of these. Though I'd love to get that sorceress! Perfect to pose with the rest of my 10cm figures. n_n
Spector Creative barely knows what he is talking about half the time and his bias is more than worn on his sleeve, it's his entire shirt. He's been caught either lying or just plain wrong and doubled down so many times that he makes a politician look honest. His knowledge is based on Online retail and subscriber based models because he was barely successful running Mattycollector and fails to consider big box retail or the post Toys R Us landscape. He will go to his local Target, talk to a clerk and then run out and make a video claiming "Masters of the Universe is CANCELED" and talk about memos and everything and provide not one shred of evidence and then when he's wrong, try to show how he was right but in a different way because he wasn't really wrong. He will praise one toy maker for reuse, repaints etc and condemn another as a failed toyline for the same practices.

Remove ads