New AD&D That I Did From My 80's Era Campaign

Bud23

Villager
Going to put a couple Dragonel's or one Magnus Dragonel in the adventure my AD&D players are in (a beefed up version of The Shattered Circle), there are some velociraptor type critters in the original , the Dragonel's will be a better fit for our campaign.

Last edited:

Bud23

Villager
Gene, nice blog post on the runes from ToEE. It was a great use of the rune and glyphs from WoG. I think there were even a few more runes added in the 1998 Greyhawk Players Guide. At least one rune from the Folio edition (namely: "Irresistible, overpowering") changed a lot by the WoG boxed set.
Folio and boxed set both described the runes and glyphs as something found on ancient ruins, and warned that using them without caution was dangerous. The 1998 Greyhawk players guide describes these runes and glyphs as a pictoral analogy to Common, understandable by any language speaker, and doesn't make reference to danger of glyphs. But it's not written by the Savant-Sage!

GENEWEIGEL

Explorer
Gene, nice blog post on the runes from ToEE. It was a great use of the rune and glyphs from WoG. I think there were even a few more runes added in the 1998 Greyhawk Players Guide. At least one rune from the Folio edition (namely: "Irresistible, overpowering") changed a lot by the WoG boxed set.
Folio and boxed set both described the runes and glyphs as something found on ancient ruins, and warned that using them without caution was dangerous. The 1998 Greyhawk players guide describes these runes and glyphs as a pictoral analogy to Common, understandable by any language speaker, and doesn't make reference to danger of glyphs. But it's not written by the Savant-Sage!

I did a study chart to the 1980 versus the 1983 set here on the blog last year:

http://justkeeponrollin.blogspot.com/2016/11/portentuous-runes-and-glyphs-study.html

Bud23

Villager
Gene - the PC's in our campaign fought a Dragonel, and with a potion of heroism managed to survive. Soon thereafter they encountered a young Dragonel and some Dragonel hatchlings - another fierce fight. They subdued one of the hatchlings and took a couple Dragonel eggs (adventurer's never learn), the ranger thinking he could train them, another thinking they could sell them... The DM knowing that a Magnus Dragonel is on their trail, so long as they have the hatchling and eggs!

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases