D&D Movie/TV New batch of Set Photos

Undrave

Legend
The "plate" armour and maille look dirt cheap and fake, though.
I hear real props often look like crap in person. I knew a guy who had built his own backyard TARDIS and a prop guy who ACTUALLY WORKED ON THE SHOW told him his looked better than the real one.

And sometimes you make multiple costumes, one for close up, and one for action shots. Of course, the action one is cheaper and can take some damage easily.

We're lucky they didn't Ironman the whole plate armour on with CGI though, considering this is Hollywood we're talking about.

Some Hollywood types are wearing these as an anti-paparazzi measure. That way there can't be 162 stories from a single frown shown in a clandestine photo.
Best anti-paparazzi measure was what Daniel Radcliffe did: wear the same clothes out in public every day. That means the photographer really can't prove what day he took the picture.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I think they might have actually gone too far.

This looks like, just... late middle ages... rather than Faerun. Maybe it'll look different on screen, with colour correction/grading and so on.

I need one of these insane futuristic sunglass things, but I know it will look too small on my amusingly-large ogre-head.
Well, it matches the aesthetic of the major Sword Coast city states as shown in 5E books so far, which fends towards more sedate and trad Medieval dress. If a Red Wizard of Tnay showed up, might look a bit different. The costume design and makeup alone might already be better than than entire 2000 movie.

Tell me about the sunglasses: I can't buy any, period, since my head is literally off the charts for hat size.

Tell me about the sunglasses: I can't buy any, period, since my head is literally off the charts for hat size.
Yeah woo I'm with my big-headed ogre brothers here I see! Same issue with hat size, I still remember the annoyance of finding awesome baseball caps in the 1990s (when they were still cool), trying them on, and finding they didn't even remotely fit even with the band undone lol. I just couldn't understand why lol I though they just made hats too small. It wasn't until I was in my early 30s and actually looked at hat sizes I found I was off the scale. At least with sunglasses I can very occasionally find specific models that fit - usually only expensive ones that I don't love the look of though (I had a great pair for years from Armani, which even made my head look more normal, but I left them somewhere and now they don't make anything like that).
The costume design and makeup alone might already be better than than entire 2000 movie.
That is for sure lol.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases