New Battlestar Galactica

MarkB

Legend
Different ship in the fleet, different ship list in space, hidden or lost colony.
Modern day Earth finding relics of old Galactica tech not properly disposed of, followed by unexpected invasion of cylon-descendents who picked up transmissions from the aforementioned tech.

Zardnaar

Legend
Modern day Earth finding relics of old Galactica tech not properly disposed of, followed by unexpected invasion of cylon-descendents who picked up transmissions from the aforementioned tech.

That's a good one. Cylons are still out there.

Kind of an update of BS 1980.

More of a sequel though.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Without it being a sequel, prequel, or reboot I think they're limited on what they can do. Tell stories of other crewmen during the Moore episodes? The B Team? If it's more space opera and less soap opera, I'm in. When they focused more on who screwed who I lost interest. I want ship to ship battles, and ground fights against Cylons. Real Cylons, not the skin jobs.

Ryujin

Legend
Without it being a sequel, prequel, or reboot I think they're limited on what they can do. Tell stories of other crewmen during the Moore episodes? The B Team? If it's more space opera and less soap opera, I'm in. When they focused more on who screwed who I lost interest. I want ship to ship battles, and ground fights against Cylons. Real Cylons, not the skin jobs.

You could get what you want from a prequel; the First Cylon War. Going back to the original 1970s version humans created the Cylons. The Cylons rebelled. They went to war on their creators and split off, into their own culture. The civil war and formation of the Cylon Empire would make for good military style SF.

Zardnaar

Legend
You could get what you want from a prequel; the First Cylon War. Going back to the original 1970s version humans created the Cylons. The Cylons rebelled. They went to war on their creators and split off, into their own culture. The civil war and formation of the Cylon Empire would make for good military style SF.

They kinda did that with Caprica, slightly earlier.

Remove ads