• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New "Block" functionality not working?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's not *that* bad, Mistwell. It's mildly annoying at best - it took you 8 months to notice! And, yes, somebody is constantly fixing minor bugs, including these.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
And now I notice when I get XP for a comment in a thread where someone else has blocked me, because it messes up post linkage, I cannot even click on the XP to see which comment was given XP. It instead takes me to someone else's post.

This is bad guys. A LOT of functionality is broken by this new blocking feature. It's making the board in general a lot more difficult to use in unintended ways. Is anyone working to fix these problems?

My big complaint is I don't like being bullied by people forcing me to block them against my will. I don't have a problem with them not wanting to see my posts. I do have a problem with people "taking my lunch money" when I don't want them to.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
It's not *that* bad, Mistwell. It's mildly annoying at best - it took you 8 months to notice! And, yes, somebody is constantly fixing minor bugs, including these.

It took me 8 months to notice because it took 8 months for someone to block me and cause all these headaches. And yeah, it's bad. I cannot click on "new posts". I cannot click on "someone quoted you". I cannot click on "someone gave you XP". I cannot click on links to EnWorld from other sites to see a particular post. The combination of these problems makes it a lot harder to navigate EnWorld (particularly the new posts part, that is my first access point to all threads) - and it doesn't seem minor to me which is why I posted about it (not like I have a long history over the last decade of posting to Meta a lot). And for what? It sure doesn't seem like the benefits to EnWorld outweigh these harms. Why not turn that sub-system off until it's fixed, given it's obviously not functioning as intended at the moment?

Remove ads