D&D 5E New Campaign Help

PabloM

Adventurer
Hey! you really need a society of archaeologists, maybe they are part or work for some university or magic school.
Possible names:
Institute of Ancient Research
University of the Exotic
Unearthed Arcana

Mull Ponders

Explorer
Cats, cats are important. There will be cat cemeteries, cat embalmers, cat coffin makers. There is some indication that all cats were called the same thing (meow), and they didn't have individual names because they were basically splinters of the deity. Putting cats in danger would be a great distraction, if you don't get caught.

Zardnaar

Legend
Hey! you really need a society of archaeologists, maybe they are part or work for some university or magic school.
Possible names:
Institute of Ancient Research
University of the Exotic
Unearthed Arcana

That's kinda what the guardians and seekers are.
The seekers want to exploit stuff they find the guardians want to hide it.

Zardnaar

Legend
Cats, cats are important. There will be cat cemeteries, cat embalmers, cat coffin makers. There is some indication that all cats were called the same thing (meow), and they didn't have individual names because they were basically splinters of the deity. Putting cats in danger would be a great distraction, if you don't get caught.

Per Bastet is the xatvfity, her faith is the main one. Werelions exist and I'll add in Tabaxi.

I'm allowing most anthromorphic races and there's a few thousand Gnolls as well so catfolk, Tabaxi, werelions, minotaurs, ratfolk, ravenfolk, Yuan Ti are all allowed and are around.
Theres even a sub race of Dwarves that build pyramids and Excel ad engineering.

Yaarel

He Mage
Check out this website.

touregypt.net/ancientegypt

As far as I can tell, the site is for a travel agency to Egypt, or something like that. But the information is pretty good. And with exploration in mind, the site seems to have evocative ideas, themes, and tropes for a great setting.

Update:

Actually, the site has alot of great content, but it isnt obvious how to navigate to it. Maybe do a Google or Bing search entering

• site:touregypt.net

plus add any keywords in mind.

Last edited:

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Yaarel

He Mage
One thing useful would be a map of a ruined city perhaps half buried in sand.

Here are maps of Giza pyramids, and the tombs and temples at Saqqara, Thebes, and Luxor.

Giza Pyramids
gizanew6.jpg

Saqqara (pyramids, necropolis, and temples)
saqqaranorthmap.gif

Thebes (Tomb of Ramses the Great)
kv521.jpg

Luxor (necropolis and temples west of Thebes) (Medinat Habu relates to the woman Pharaoh Hatshepsut)
westbank1.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads