D&D 5E New Campaign Help

Yaarel

He Mage
Artists fantasy of the palace complex of Avaris
(relating to Hyksos Dynasty 15 preceding Dynasty 18)

5506453957_61d8027da2_z.jpg

City of Pi-Ramses built later, nearby the ruins of Avaris.
Joseph%27s%20Tomb%2016%20Avaris%20%28Goshen%29,%20Later%20Became%20Rameses.jpg

Below is a reliable but hard to read map of Avaris (ħw.t.wˀr.t). Note the reconstruction in white of the ancient Pelusian Branch of the Nile River flowing SW to NE, and the modern canals and roads crossing the site. Tel El Daba is the modern name of the site of Avaris.
avaris-rameses.gif

Last edited:

Yaarel

He Mage
The hippopotamus is important magically = primordial chaos, deadliness, ferocity, danger.

(Actually, the archetype is kinda like the Western dragon, as the dangerous aspects of nature.)

The hippopotamuses look cute, but they are extremely dangerous and kill many people each year.

Zardnaar

Legend
I know about the hippos.

The Nuria has a dire spinosaurus in it. I don't think people are planning in swimming in it.

If course I may have an adventure in or on the Nuria.

Thanks for the maps gives me some ideas.

Last edited:

Yaarel

He Mage
Note, the name ‘Thutmoses’ is the Roman approximation of the Greek approximation of the Egyptian name. So it is far away from the Egyptian itself.

The Egyptian name is:

dʒħwti.msi

In English, something like Jehowti-Mesi

It means, ‘Jehowti is born’.

Jehowti is the Egyptian god that Greeks approximated as Tʰoutʰ, whence Roman Thoth.

Jehowti means ‘ibis-like’ referring to the bird.

Zardnaar

Legend
Session 0 went a bit faster and we got to play.

1st dice rolled was a natural 20 from a night scorpions (Tone of Beasts) stinger. Damn near killed the fighter outright and blinded him.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases