New Class: Alchemist

Negflar2099

Explorer
Glad you liked it. I was hoping to add a way for the Alchemist to craft other simple alchemical items. I was thinking maybe potions and tanglefoot bags by 3rd level, maybe sovereign glue and universal solvent by 10th. Something like that. Would that make the class too powerful?

RhaezDaevan

Explorer
I just realized that nothing they make has any component cost. Shouldn't they need to spend at least a little money on components? It doesn't have to be super expensive though, maybe use the magic component pouch as a starting base?

Negflar2099

Explorer
I thought about adding a component cost to each item but that felt too much like charging them for each power. Wizards may have some material component costs (which they can mostly wave) but not even every spell has that.

poy56

First Post
Sorry, late to the party here, but I have a quick question about your Alchemist build.
Am I understanding correctly that to use the Bomb ability, the alchemist can throw any alchemical item? ie, could they be slinging potions of healing, climbing, etc...?
Looks like great work though, I think it will be unleashed soon in my group. Thank you.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases