D&D 5E New Cover for Eberron: Rising from the Last War

The new cover for the upcoming Eberron: Rising From the Last War has been revealed by WotC. This cover by Wesley Burt depicts a warforged wizard and their halfing companion in the Demon Wastes.

Screenshot 2019-09-14 at 10.15.35.png

08DA5935-137D-47AF-A445-85E7D6089BF6.jpeg

Jeremy Crawford and Greg Tito discuss the new cover in this video. A couple of weeks ago, Jeremy Crawford stated that the previous cover by Ben Oliver was an interior illustration serving as a placeholder cover. They expand on that in this video:

Tito: We have decided to change this cover, though. We are going with a different cover for this book.... we had the rare opportunity to change that because the files had not yet been sent to the printer.

Crawford: That's right. When the book was announced, we were still about a week out from sending the books to the printer... we had a window of time to swap out the cover, which was actually something we had been discussing for some time leading up to the announcement.

Tito: But, once we announced, we also recieved a lot of feedback from fans saying that they wanted a different cover and that feedback really galvanized us... so we are changing it to this cover designed by Wesley Burt.

The painting was already in the book, and was moved to the cover, while Ben Oliver's previous cover was moved to be the chapter opener for the first chapter (character creation).

dave2008

Legend
Oh well, wasn't planning on buying it anyway.

I wasn't planning on buying it either, and this art wouldn't sway me one way or the other (but cover art never does for an RPG product): however, the ToC and description have me at about a 90% I will buy, despite the fact I will never run an Eberron adventure. The book just seems to be jam packed with interesting stuff.

pukunui

Legend
Pretty boring and mono-chromatic. Doesn't inspire anything imo.

Disagree. I still remember the 1E PHB cover. THAT inspired me, still does to this day. You;ve go the giant idol, the thief stealing the eye gem. You've got things going on. You got iconic characters and situations.

This one? Two characters and a dinosaur. Except for the dino, the colors are bland. Their is very little happening here. The setting is nondescript, could be any type of desert or wasteland, nothing remarkable about it.

Oh well, wasn't planning on buying it anyway.
Whatever happened to not judging a book by its cover?

Jiggawatts

Adventurer
I really dont understand these art choices. They should be evocative of the setting and dripping with flavor.

A proper Dragonlance setting book would feature something like a Knight of Solamnia, a Wizard of High Sorcery, and a Kender all standing in front of the High Clerists Tower with a silver and blue dragon fighting overhead in the distance bearing riders wielding lances.

This is Eberron for goodness sake, give us something akin to a Warforged Juggernaut, an Artificer, a Changeling, and a Dragonmarked noble riding the Lightning Rail through the pulp-filled city of Sharn with an airship in the background.

Also does that strange Warforged on the cover look like an Ultron clone to anyone else?

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases