D&D 5E New Cover for Eberron: Rising from the Last War

The new cover for the upcoming Eberron: Rising From the Last War has been revealed by WotC. This cover by Wesley Burt depicts a warforged wizard and their halfing companion in the Demon Wastes.

Screenshot 2019-09-14 at 10.15.35.png

08DA5935-137D-47AF-A445-85E7D6089BF6.jpeg

Jeremy Crawford and Greg Tito discuss the new cover in this video. A couple of weeks ago, Jeremy Crawford stated that the previous cover by Ben Oliver was an interior illustration serving as a placeholder cover. They expand on that in this video:

Tito: We have decided to change this cover, though. We are going with a different cover for this book.... we had the rare opportunity to change that because the files had not yet been sent to the printer.

Crawford: That's right. When the book was announced, we were still about a week out from sending the books to the printer... we had a window of time to swap out the cover, which was actually something we had been discussing for some time leading up to the announcement.

Tito: But, once we announced, we also recieved a lot of feedback from fans saying that they wanted a different cover and that feedback really galvanized us... so we are changing it to this cover designed by Wesley Burt.

The painting was already in the book, and was moved to the cover, while Ben Oliver's previous cover was moved to be the chapter opener for the first chapter (character creation).

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I really dont understand these art choices. They should be evocative of the setting and dripping with flavor.

A proper Dragonlance setting book would feature something like a Knight of Solamnia, a Wizard of High Sorcery, and a Kender all standing in front of the High Clerists Tower with a silver and blue dragon fighting overhead in the distance bearing riders wielding lances.

This is Eberron for goodness sake, give us something akin to a Warforged Juggernaut, an Artificer, a Changeling, and a Dragonmarked noble riding the Lightning Rail through the pulp-filled city of Sharn with an airship in the background.

Also does that strange Warforged on the cover look like an Ultron clone to anyone else?
Eh, I’m glad they didn’t give us the same thing again.

stadi

Explorer
According the Wizards site, this won't be a campaign, it will have a 1st level adventure and some adventure seeds, am I right?

Mournblade94

Adventurer
This looks nice. Not much in it for me as I am a Forgotten Realms fan. A bit jealous though that the Forgotten Realms last got this treatment in 3rd edition before it became the Sacrificial Lamb of 4e. They haven't treated the realms well since 3rd edition was cancelled.

Happy for Eberron fans though. They seemed to have learned from their Forgotten Realms mistakes.

RSIxidor

Adventurer
We already do. Simple Ranged Weapon, 1d4 bludgeoning, 60/120 range, returns to the thrower's hand if it misses.

Is this referring to the one on D&D Beyond as a way for the Storm Boomerang to function? It's not been printed in any books yet, right? I'd hardly call that official.

That said, this book might have it working exactly the same way and making it properly official. Or it might just be another magic weapon.

Wayfinders Guide has the better cover by far.
To continue this the gnome on the old cover is Vi. Vi is Jeremy Crawford's gnome artificer from the Acq Inc live games. Vi is in Ravnica. Nothing about Vi screams Eberron. It was a poor idea having her center stage on the old cover. Having her be part of the cover just because she is Jeremy Crawford's NPC is a poor idea.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
To continue this the gnome on the old cover is Vi. Vi is Jeremy Crawford's gnome artificer from the Acq Inc live games. Vi is in Ravnica. Nothing about Vi screams Eberron. It was a poor idea having her center stage on the old cover. Having her be part of the cover just because she is Jeremy Crawford's NPC is a poor idea.

Gnomes don't exist on Ravnica natively, so she probably comes from Eberron originally.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases