D&D 5E New Cover for Eberron: Rising from the Last War

The new cover for the upcoming Eberron: Rising From the Last War has been revealed by WotC.

The new cover for the upcoming Eberron: Rising From the Last War has been revealed by WotC. This cover by Wesley Burt depicts a warforged wizard and their halfing companion in the Demon Wastes.

Screenshot 2019-09-14 at 10.15.35.png

08DA5935-137D-47AF-A445-85E7D6089BF6.jpeg

Jeremy Crawford and Greg Tito discuss the new cover in this video. A couple of weeks ago, Jeremy Crawford stated that the previous cover by Ben Oliver was an interior illustration serving as a placeholder cover. They expand on that in this video:

Tito: We have decided to change this cover, though. We are going with a different cover for this book.... we had the rare opportunity to change that because the files had not yet been sent to the printer.

Crawford: That's right. When the book was announced, we were still about a week out from sending the books to the printer... we had a window of time to swap out the cover, which was actually something we had been discussing for some time leading up to the announcement.

Tito: But, once we announced, we also recieved a lot of feedback from fans saying that they wanted a different cover and that feedback really galvanized us... so we are changing it to this cover designed by Wesley Burt.

The painting was already in the book, and was moved to the cover, while Ben Oliver's previous cover was moved to be the chapter opener for the first chapter (character creation).

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Or could be from the Forgotten Realms. Or could be from Greyhawk. Or could be from Dragonlance.

I'm guessing Eberron, given that she is an Artificer that they were considering for a book cover.

I'd even guess the art inspired the NPC originally, and that AI have a trip to Eberron in their future.

Zarithar

Adventurer
Definite improvement. Also, I've read a bit about what is being included within and this is now on my list. Even though I don't run games set in Eberron, it looks like there is plenty of content there I can use in my own world (or the Forgotten Realms).

ssvegeta555

Explorer
It is better, but only just. It doesn't inspire me but I've never been an Eberron fan anyways, so I'm not in the target market. However, the previous cover of a cosplaying Angelina Jolie as an elf, bootleg Pikachu and rejected Halo concept art had a certain charm to it.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I've been saying that FOREVER, but WotC doesn't listen.

No it's mostly just getting stuff for the Swordcoast (including it's underdark), with a one AP in Chult.

Hey, if you want story fluff of Cormyr/Dalelands/Mulhorand etc. that exactly matches what they already wrote in the 4E FR campaign book, WotC'd actually probably be more inclined to do that (seeing as how that's exactly what they do with every Eberron setting book). But I have a feeling that if the 5E book didn't "advance the timelime" when they wrote the paragraphs of those areas, most people would be up in arms about that too.

That's always been the difference-- the Eberron books don't take as much work because they don't have to think up all new events that happened in every nation. Whereas no one would be happy if a FR book that covered every single nation of Faerun didn't have new "stuff" that happened there over the last dozen years.

Remove ads

Remove ads