New D&D Adventure Reveal On 17th May at 'The Descent'

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
Definitely seems planar focused given the imagery and ancillary content produced recently. As a consumer I absolutely hope that's the case, but as a DMsGuild creator I'm apprehensive. I've been working on the Codex of the Infinite Planes series for a year now, and I'm 15 volumes of a total 26 planned each one covering a plane of existence in the Great Wheel cosmology (take a look if you haven't already!). I have to be careful to tiptoe around Planescape so it would be cool not to have to do that, but if they released a full Manual of the Planes type book it's possible my series will get overshadowed. Oh well. It's also possible my products will be the perfect companion for such content!

/waves at Dave

I

Immortal Sun

Angel? The ears, armor, gender, sparkles tell me eladrin.

Yeah as a long time MTG player, there are style similarities, but given the number of quality artists MTG works with, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone if they do art for D&D as well.

However, most MTG angels are obviously female, many to the point of being overly sexualized.

So, that is all to say: I got Eladrin vibes from the art as well. I suspect the "wings" might be related to a spell.

The Big BZ

Explorer
Latest FB post says the AL Epic gives players a chance to save the Forgotten Realms:

More immersive and interactive than ever. The fun at D&D Live 2019: The Descent will include the D&D Adventurers League for the first time! Attendees can play in an EPIC adventure of 25 tables collaborating to save the Forgotten Realms! It's Dungeons & Dragons like you've never experienced before. Learn more about this May 17-19 event celebrating the next D&D storyline and how YOU can join: dnd.wizards.com/dndlive2019.

gyor

Legend
That illustration with an angel and fiendish hands really seems to point towards something planar. Should, like normal, we see two products in the fall (and the description definitely mentions "products" in the plural), I'm leaning towards the normal September release being an adventure (presumably planar in nature) and the November release being a riff on the various Manuals of the Planes/Planescape. Should the adventure focus on the Nine Hells, that would likely mean we'd get more or less a guide to the plane in that book, opening up the large amount of room the Hells normally take up for other places in the sourcebook.

I would be quite happy about this if it should come to pass...

Volo's Guide to Spirits and Spectres perhaps.

gyor

Legend
Yeah as a long time MTG player, there are style similarities, but given the number of quality artists MTG works with, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone if they do art for D&D as well.

However, most MTG angels are obviously female, many to the point of being overly sexualized.

So, that is all to say: I got Eladrin vibes from the art as well. I suspect the "wings" might be related to a spell.

Yeah the Elf ears are VERY prominent.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
Latest FB post says the AL Epic gives players a chance to save the Forgotten Realms:

More immersive and interactive than ever. The fun at D&D Live 2019: The Descent will include the D&D Adventurers League for the first time! Attendees can play in an EPIC adventure of 25 tables collaborating to save the Forgotten Realms! It's Dungeons & Dragons like you've never experienced before. Learn more about this May 17-19 event celebrating the next D&D storyline and how YOU can join: dnd.wizards.com/dndlive2019.

I am not positive that EPIC means epic levels.

The-Magic-Sword

Small Ball Archmage
8 devil hands reaching out for an angel? And Chris Perkins and Greg Tito just did a lore you should know about the Nine Hells and talked a lot about Zariel, who also got a stat block in Tome of Foes? I'm thinking a Blood War story with a Zariel showdown is incoming!

Tweeted my guess to Tito. He was not amused. Think I may be on to something.

https://twitter.com/Gregtito/status/1113946939383373824

They've also mentioned seeding future storylines in prior products, the blood war featured heavily in Mordenkainens as well.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases