D&D Movie/TV New D&D movie details? Vecna?!

Chaosmancer

Legend
My opinion is Dragonlance adaptation should be as cartoon teleserie. And I even I dare to add a little retcon. A new character appears, but he is only a watcher, he doesn't change the story at all. In the end of the first season this character and Fizban talk, and he warns he knows the other is a chronomancer. This answers his mission is to avoid alterations by others, and then Fizban warns "the damage is just done. It isn't the first time what happens".

That would be a clever work around, I think I like that.

Chaosmancer

Legend
Elder Scrolls

Double checking some dates,

Elder Scrolls started in 1994 it looks like.

Dragonlance, which created the Draconians which I always saw as some of the first Dragonborn designs, published their first novel in 1984, and likely existed before that.

So... Dragonborn are definitely not infringing on Elder Scrolls, at all. Elder Scrolls more likely took some inspiration from DnD.

Parmandur

Book-Friend

Dragonlance, which created the Draconians which I always saw as some of the first Dragonborn designs, published their first novel in 1984, and likely existed before that.

So... Dragonborn are definitely not infringing on Elder Scrolls, at all. Elder Scrolls more likely took some inspiration from DnD.

What ia being referred to is a major story element from the 2011 game Skyrim: the "Dragonborn" is a major figure of prophecy and song:

However, the 3E Race Dragonborn came out in 2006 in Races of the Dragon, and Dragonborn were them in the 4E PHB in 2008. All years before Skyrim was made.

The draconians are distinct from the dragonborn (or if they're not its a retcon, because they were distinct back in the days of 3e)

Chaosmancer

Legend
The draconians are distinct from the dragonborn (or if they're not its a retcon, because they were distinct back in the days of 3e)

Still, humanoid dragons with strange powers, pretty close. And I don't know if Half-Dragons or other dragon people existed before the Draconians.

Besides, if Parmandur is right and you are referring to the human with dragon magic that is a title, as opposed to a race of dragon people... I think you are even further off of it being an infringement.

Remove ads