WotC New D&D Studio blog is up!

I miss the conspirancies and fights between supernatural factions from World of Darkness. I am sorry but this influence is too strong for me.

Other point is if you have studied about nature and ecosystem you should get some idea about the numerical proportion between preys and predators. If the demiplane of the dread has got a lot of supernatural predators (and teorically the population doesn't notice enough) then the "ecosystem" is doomed to collapse. OK, there is no demographic crisis because there aren't wars neither plagues, and divine spellcasters can heal most of diseases. Then you only have to worry about be murdered, and this means the street should be totally empty in the night.

Other idea about I am thinking is the "core" still exists but it can't be "touched" by the dark lords, and these have to send agents (to collect the peasants' taxes and that type of things). This "mirror zone" hasn't worry about a direct confroctation with the dark lord, or at least almost never, but it is a "Jurassic Park" for the rest of monsters. For example the werebadger Azrael Dak is the dark lord of Sithicus, with the size of a region, and there is a second Sithicus he can't visit or explored, and this is in the Shadowfell of the Krynn sphere, and with the size of the Absalon continent at least. Here the magic experiments to create new draconians "failed" and now the metalic and cromatic dragons have a new natural enemy, the infernal (and the castatrophic) dragons, with their own cults of "dracotouched".

Mirtek

Hero
If the demiplane of the dread has got a lot of supernatural predators (and teorically the population doesn't notice enough) then the "ecosystem" is doomed to collapse.
Assuming domains actually need or have an ecosystem. They're simulations that run solely to torment the resident dark lord and work solely because a wizard the dark powers did it.

How does the poor hamlet at the edge of the dark woods teeming with more (supernatural) predators than it should keep and replenish it's numbers?

It doesn't. It doesn't have to!

Oh dear! The poor miller's boy has been eaten by wolves while foraging for firewood. The whole village is in shock and horror, the family grieves.

Until one day the miller's boy awakes in his bed in the morning, shares the meager breakfast with his family and everybody goes about their daily chores.

Oh dear! 2 days later the smith's daughter is eaten by wolves while foraging for firewood. The whole village is in shock and ....

Kurotowa

Legend
Soooooooooooo what's on Page 257? Mine is sadly an all black page.
Unless it's got special ink, that's the joke. There is no page 257. It's like saying, "If your copy of the Bible has a fifth gospel chapter advocating ritual blood sacrifices while chanting 'Ia ia Cthulhu ftahgn', do not trust it and in fact probably burn it."

darjr

I crit!
It does suck a whole h*ck of a lot that DnDBeyond doesn’t have page numbers. Add one more reason to the pile.

Remove ads