Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Heh. 39% -> 96% in one question!

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 11.12.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 11.15.40 PM.png

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
This is a werd question -- "Do you feel Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) is on its way up and growing in strength, holding its ground and pretty consistent, or on its way down and losing momentum?"

Does it mean like market share? I assume they know better than we do.

The operative word there is "feel."

Sure they know. They know the reality (as best they can and better than anyone) but they want to know how their customers perceive the brands.

Edited typo to clarify what the heck I was saying

Omand

Hero
Yup, also on the high end of my 40s and it seems to me that the survey cuts off based upon your responses, not your age.

I did not count exactly, and failed to check the number for the last few questions, but had about 36 - 40 questions in total. I went from somewhere around 50% to 97% in my case.

Cheers :)

Scribe

Legend
This is a werd question -- "Do you feel Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) is on its way up and growing in strength, holding its ground and pretty consistent, or on its way down and losing momentum?"

Does it mean like market share? I assume they know better than we do.
Community perception.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
The operative word there is "feel."

Sure they know. They know the reality (as best they can and better than anyone) but they want to know how their customers perceive the brands.

Edited typo to clarify what the heck I was saying
I also got asked that question separately about D&D in general, and about 5e specifically. I wonder if they’re trying to gauge if the timing is right for an edition change.

ph0rk

Friendship is Magic, and Magic is Heresy.
It's pretty normal practice to ask several questions that seem very similar. For one, people that don't feel particularly strongly about an attitude will answer them in different ways, and for the others it allows the researcher to reduce measurement error.

(and for another - these are the same thing!)

Jaeger

That someone better
I also got asked that question separately about D&D in general, and about 5e specifically. I wonder if they’re trying to gauge if the timing is right for an edition change.
That's a very interesting read.

2024 will be D&D's 50th anniversary. And 5e would be WOTC's longest running edition by then.

The temptation to want to cash in on such a marketing opportunity must be very high...

They would have to be very careful though. It would have to be a Chaosium CoC style "new Edition" Printing, or a 1e AD&D to 2eAD&D type shift with near 100% backward compatibility for the pitch to go down well.

A lot of the "new edition" thinking might ride on how well the Movie and Tv initiatives do as well.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases