New D&D Survey: What Do you Want From Older Editions?

WotC has just posted this month's D&D feedback survey. This survey asks about content from older editions of D&D, including settings, classes and races. The results will help determine what appears in future Unearthed Arcana columns.

WotC has just posted this month's D&D feedback survey. This survey asks about content from older editions of D&D, including settings, classes and races. The results will help determine what appears in future Unearthed Arcana columns.

The new survey is here. The results for the last survey have not yet been compiled. However, WotC is reporting that the Waterborne Adventures article scored well, and that feedback on Dragon+ has been "quite positive".

"We also asked about the new options presented in the Waterborne Adventures installment of Unearthed Arcana. Overall, that material scored very well—on a par with material from the Player’s Handbook. Areas where players experienced trouble were confined to specific mechanics. The minotaur race’s horns created a bit of confusion, for example, and its ability score bonuses caused some unhappiness. On a positive note, people really liked the sample bonds and how they helped bring out the minotaur’s unique culture.

The mariner, the swashbuckler, and the storm sorcerer also scored very well. A few of the specific mechanics for those options needed some attention, but overall, players and DMs liked using them.

Finally, we asked a few questions about the Dragon+ app. We really appreciate the feedback as we tailor the app’s content and chart the course for future issues. The overall feedback has been quite positive, and we’re looking at making sure we continue to build on our initial success."

Remathilis

Legend
Psionics was on not on the "update" list; hoping that means its a given.

Though oddly, Aasimar was. Isn't it in the DMG?

Anyway, I picked Realms, Eberron, Mystara, Planescape, and Ravenloft, Artificer, Catfolk, Vryloka, and all Planar Races. Here's hoping.

SigmaOne

First Post
I picked Realms, Dragonlance, Dark Sun, Eberron, and Planescape, which are some of the settings that (if we see any at all) we should be guaranteed to see (hopefully sooner rather than later). These are the ones that are most important to me, and they're the ones I'm most likely to buy. (Though I'd love if they did something like they did with Eberron, having some kind of contest to introduce a completely new and distinct setting.) I was very light on picking races and classes, since those kinds of customizations just don't interest me much. I wrote in that I'd like to see new races and classes added in the context of setting support (though I like how they did aarakocra and genasi with PotA and wouldn't mind more of that); and that I'd really like to see subclasses utilized as a mechanism for more customization than new classes whole-cloth.

Remove ads

Remove ads