New Dark Sun books - worthwhile for different systems?

Nebten

First Post
You can use the book alone for another system. There is a very small amount that is dedicated to stats such as info needed to make PCs, feats, themes and certian item details. But what might be a little to one man might be alot to another. I would head down to my local bookstore and take a gander at it. Then you'll know if its right for you.

TheClone

First Post
Yep, I second that. That "fluffy part" about the world is about 30% of the book and purely without stat. All other parts are maybe 50% fluffy. But I suggest trying www.athas.org. It's the 3e rules for Dark Sun an freely available. I haven't read all of what they have, but I suspect you get more information from there.

By they way: The Creature Catalog is 100% stats, so no need to buy that one for you. Just to be clear.

Treebore

First Post
Yep. WOTC made them shut down. That is what I heard, at least. Not from a direct enough source to say it is definitely fact. Since it directly competes with a now active product line it is pretty likely.

TheClone

First Post
Yep. WOTC made them shut down. That is what I heard, at least. Not from a direct enough source to say it is definitely fact. Since it directly competes with a now active product line it is pretty likely.

It did work after the release of DS for 4e quite some time, so I guess that's not true. It would have caused quite a roar in the net, if that would be true. I guess they're just having server problems (I see a error message and no "we're offline"), like WotC has :devil:

Sorrowdusk

First Post
I doubt it, I remember people wondering whether WoTC shut them down on gitp and rpgnet one-two month ago. Seems to be having trouble.

Remove ads