• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Dark Sun books - worthwhile for different systems?

Nebten

First Post
You can use the book alone for another system. There is a very small amount that is dedicated to stats such as info needed to make PCs, feats, themes and certian item details. But what might be a little to one man might be alot to another. I would head down to my local bookstore and take a gander at it. Then you'll know if its right for you.

TheClone

First Post
Yep, I second that. That "fluffy part" about the world is about 30% of the book and purely without stat. All other parts are maybe 50% fluffy. But I suggest trying www.athas.org. It's the 3e rules for Dark Sun an freely available. I haven't read all of what they have, but I suspect you get more information from there.

By they way: The Creature Catalog is 100% stats, so no need to buy that one for you. Just to be clear.

Treebore

First Post
Yep. WOTC made them shut down. That is what I heard, at least. Not from a direct enough source to say it is definitely fact. Since it directly competes with a now active product line it is pretty likely.

TheClone

First Post
Yep. WOTC made them shut down. That is what I heard, at least. Not from a direct enough source to say it is definitely fact. Since it directly competes with a now active product line it is pretty likely.

It did work after the release of DS for 4e quite some time, so I guess that's not true. It would have caused quite a roar in the net, if that would be true. I guess they're just having server problems (I see a error message and no "we're offline"), like WotC has :devil:

Sorrowdusk

First Post
I doubt it, I remember people wondering whether WoTC shut them down on gitp and rpgnet one-two month ago. Seems to be having trouble.

Remove ads